The simFlight Network Forums

How to get the SIMCONNECT_DATA_RACE_RESULT data

FAR

HI
Played around with FSUIPCWPFAutoCS and would like to make min own score list from a multiplayer Reno Air race, I noticed that these values is not Variables accessible by default offsets, is it possible to add this, if so, please provide a snippet to add to your excellent FSUIPCWPFAutoCS example.

https://docs.flightsimulator.com/html/Programming_Tools/SimConnect/API_Reference/Structures_And_Enumerations/SIMCONNECT_DATA_RACE_RESULT.htm

Fly safe
FAR

My DLL has no way to access SimConnect variables.

I know FSUIPC7 has a way to map a simconnect variable to an unused offset, but I'm not sure if this works with a whole structure, or if it works with earlier versions of FSUIPC.

@John Dowson will be able to tell you if it's possible to access this simconnect data via offsets. If he doesn't see this and reply here, please ask him directly in the main FSUIPC support forum.

Paul

12 minutes ago, Paul Henty said:

I know FSUIPC7 has a way to map a simconnect variable to an unused offset, but I'm not sure if this works with a whole structure, or if it works with earlier versions of FSUIPC.

@John Dowson will be able to tell you if it's possible to access this simconnect data via offsets. If he doesn't see this and reply here, please ask him directly in the main FSUIPC support forum.

See the section Adding Simulator variables (simvars) to FSUIPC offsets on page 34 of the Advanced User guide (FSUIPC7) or page 36 (FSUIPC6) - not possible in other versions of FSUIPC. Basically you need to add an entry to a file called  myOffsets.txt in the format described in the manual.

Only the following types are supported:

type is the simvars data type as defined by MSFS, and must be one of the following string identifiers:
    I32 : for 32-bit integers
    I64 : for 64-bit integers
    F32 : for 32-bit floating-point numbers
    F64 : for 64-bit floating-point numbers
    S8, S32, S64, S128, S256, S260 : for string data types, with the number indicating the max length
    LLA : 3*32-bit floating-point numbers (Latitude/Longitude/Altitude)
    XYZ : 3*64-bit floating-point numbers (values representing X,Y,Z positions)

John