The simFlight Network Forums

another pushback story

hello peter and john,

I have done quite a bit of research on the subject but without success. I would like to drive the pushback at an angle using the tillers on my homemade A320 cockpit.

All  variables founded, offset, lvar etc... are not writable.
Do you have any tips or information for my project?

best regards

Gilles

What FS and version of FSUIPC are you using, and what A320 model?

29 minutes ago, VANANTWERPEN said:

All  variables founded, offset, lvar etc... are not writable.

Use events/controls, not variables. Have you tried assigning to the FSUIPC axis SteeringTiller (under Send direct to FSUIPC calibration - calibrate on page 9), or the standard control Steering Set?

John

Thanks John for this quick response!
i use P3D V4.5, FSUIPC6 WIDEFS7 and the plane is the one used by JEEHELLWARE FMGSA320, it is the one from projectairbus

you gave me the idea to check out their forum....
no I have never tested what you are proposing, I have doubts that it will not work in reverse (pushback) but you never know...!
I will test this right away and let you know.
all the best
Gilles

i have tested... this work only with the reverses engines.... not good for credibility!! lol

with shift P or 3,1,2,in pushback offset no change. 

and not find events /controls which relates to it

gilles

41 minutes ago, VANANTWERPEN said:

I have doubts that it will not work in reverse (pushback) but you never know...!

I don't see why an axis would depend on the direction of travel... Do you not use the tiller when taxiing?

17 minutes ago, VANANTWERPEN said:

this work only with the reverses engines....

Ah yes...well, it should control the nosewheel direction regardless, but for pushback you don't want to be using the nosewheel steering...

For pushback control, you need to use offset 0x31F4. However, you cannot control the angle precisely, you can only set the direction -tail swing to the left or right.
You will need a lua script to do this if you want to control using the tiller, and you need to take care that the nosewheel also isn't being controlled when in pushback, so the lua script should also control the steering when not in pushback.

You therefore need to assign your tiller to write its value to an FSUIPC offset, The lua script should have an event function on this offset, and when the value changes it can decide if this is meant as a steering control or a pushback control by reading offset 0x31F0 - or, better, have an event on this offset that sets a flag in the lua script that you can use to determine steering control [value of 3] or a pushback control [value != 3], and then either send on the steering control or write to the pushback control offset if the value there needs changing.

I don't see why an axis would depend on the direction of travel... Do you not use the tiller when taxiing?

Yes i use it (they are set on the FMGSA320 System and work fine) work only with engine run  with little power or reverser on... but with pushback no.

today, I use a coolie hat 4 switches with 0X31F4 offset UP for stop (3) DOWN for right pusback (0) and RIGHT and LEFT to go to the sides (1 or 2). it works but I am dependent on the delay before the turn. also I cannot change the angle (in radians in the offset 0X334 PB angle) to maneuver as I wish right on the yellow line...

sorry to bother you with this little whim....
I was thinking that you might have a solution to adjust the turn rate of the pushback to make it more aesthetic (perfect is perfect)

Still thanks John

Gilles

2 minutes ago, VANANTWERPEN said:

I was thinking that you might have a solution to adjust the turn rate of the pushback to make it more aesthetic (perfect is perfect)

No, sorry - there are just no controls for this. It may be possible using an ground-services add-on, such as GSX (I don't know), but P3D provides no other pushback controls as far as I am aware.

John