The simFlight Network Forums

Strange issue with FSUIPC and Active Sky

Hello,

I use Active Sky as my weather enine and I use REX SkyForce for cloud textures injection  in P3Dv5. I have a strange issue in P3Dv5: Quite regularly, mainly after a few hours flight time or over the ocean my clouds get deleted completely immediately after injection by Active Sky. I can see the clouds for a sec and then they get cleared. It happens for example when flying over the ocean, although Active Sky has complete coverage through interpolation I lose clouds and shortly before the coast, thex show up again. But this happens also over the continent, where coverage should be complete. The strange thing is that this doesn't happen with all clouds, especially departure and arrival weather is usually correct. It seems that overcast conditons are especially prone to get removed, my trans-atlantic flight with overcast conditions from Newfoundland to Ireland happened in clear weather. Very annoying. Since Active Sky uses FSUIPC to inject weather, I hope that someone here can help me. What should I log? Can it be a simconnect stall? Or are there some interfering weather engines active? is it FSUIPC overruling the weather injection? I made sure that the REX engine is off and only the cloud sync facility stays on. A very strange issue is also that after a few hours flight time the FSUIPC inflight menu behaves very strangely: If I click on a tab, the tab vanishes, if I click all tabs, the FSUIPC menu is empty, no way to recover the tabs. Any help appreciated.

4 minutes ago, draci said:

Since Active Sky uses FSUIPC to inject weather, I hope that someone here can help me.

Active Sky does not use FSUIPC to inject weather.

6 minutes ago, draci said:

is it FSUIPC overruling the weather injection?

No - weather manipulation facilities were removed from FSUIPC a long time ago. However, I think there is still a hot-key that allows you to clear the weather, but you need to set this and use it (see the hot-keys tab).

You can try logging weather changes (see the logging options) and look at the log to see what is happening - you can attach it here if you like and I can take a look, but I am now on holiday until Tuesday next week.

You can also try adding
    NoWeatherAtAll=Yes
to the [General] section of your FSUIPC6.ini. This will make FSUIPC avoid all weather reading and writing activities. Try this and see if you get the same issue.

John

7 minutes ago, draci said:

do you think a simconnect stall could lead to this behaviour?

No - something must be setting the weather, and something clearing it...

26 minutes ago, draci said:

A very strange issue is also that after a few hours flight time the FSUIPC inflight menu behaves very strangely: If I click on a tab, the tab vanishes, if I click all tabs, the FSUIPC menu is empty, no way to recover the tabs. Any help appreciated.

That is very strange - I don't know what could cause that, but sounds like it may be a memory corruption somewhere. Maybe try installing the P3D client to see if that helps.

Until next week...

John