The simFlight Network Forums

Cannot use PMDG 737 CDU offsets on Sim Update 15

Jason Fayre

Hello,

For our Talking Flight Monitor accessibility software, we are getting several reports that the functionality to read the text of the PMDG 737 CDU is not working in Sim Update 15. This is with the latest version of FSUIPC. These offsets are still working in the current update 14. Sim Update 15 will be released in a couple weeks. If the CDU function is broken, this is going to make flying the PMDG 737 impossible for our users.

Does anyone know if this is a known issue, either with FSUIPC or the PMDG specifically?

19 minutes ago, Jason Fayre said:

Does anyone know if this is a known issue, either with FSUIPC or the PMDG specifically?

Sorry but I don't know what could cause this issue as I am not using SU15 at the moment. Is there a PMDG update available for SU15?
Could you add the following to the [General] section of your FSUIPC7.ini file:
    TestOptions=x400
and generate a short log file (load the PMDG737, sit on the runway with engines running for a minute or so, then exit) and show me/attach that please.

I am still on 3.0.87 of the PMDG737 - I will update to the latest version (3.0.91) and check with this.

John

Definitely an issue with the latest version of FSUIPC7 - looks like the AircraftLoaded event is received with an empty aircraft name for some reason, so the PMDG threads are not being started. Probably a timing issue somewhere...
It should be ok if you exit and then restart FSUIPC7. This problem also applies to the current release of MSFS.

I have also added a fix in the attached version if you would like to try.

I am also on  SU15 now but looks like the beta switcher program isn't working as expected - it has overwritten my released version...hmmm

I see there is also a new SDK (0.24.1.0). I will take a look at this and update ready for the release.

John

FSUIPC7.exe