The simFlight Network Forums

Fsuipc MSFS and P3Dv5

I know you have various versions of fsuipc for the different simulators but running both on one PC. Would I have to use the specific version of fsuipc for the SIM, are they interchangable etc. I would assume there would be issue using one for the other. I seem to be getting issues with hunting throttle and an appalling deadzone with yoke. I believe I have fsuipc for MSFS currently would that cause potentially conflicts with P3D?

Many thanks 

1 hour ago, Jateu_01 said:

Would I have to use the specific version of fsuipc for the SIM, are they interchangable etc.

FSUIPC7 is for MSFS2020 only.
FSUIPC6 is for P3Dv4, P3Dv5 and P3Dv6 only.
FSUIPC5 (now discontinued) is for P3Fv4 and P3Dv5 only/
FSUIPC4 is for FSX and P3Dv1-v3.
They are not interchangeable, except for  FSUIPC5 and 6 with P3Dv4 & 5.

I would assume there would be issue using one for the other.

Well, as all versions of FSUIPC except FSUIPC7 are dlls (i.e. embedded in the sim), you cannot use these for any sim that they are not designed to work with. FSUIPC7 will not see ot connect to any other FS than MSFS2020. If it is running when you start P3D or FSX, it will prevent any other version of FSUIPC running, so just don't run FSUIPC7 with any other sim than MSFS2020.

I believe I have fsuipc for MSFS currently would that cause potentially conflicts with P3D?

No, it will have no affect whatsoever on P3D.

1 minute ago, Jateu_01 said:

Can both work at same time ?

No, as I said...

2 minutes ago, Jateu_01 said:

Say both MSFS and P3D fsuipc were to auto start as windows loads? 

Why would you ever want to run both MSFS and P3D at the same time, let alone have them auto-started? I don't think there is any external FS app (i.e. one that connects to the FS) that can handle this scenario, or would even want to...

John

Just now, Jateu_01 said:

I meant both fsuipc running as in a start up error. 

FSUIPC7 is the only version of FSUIPC that is an exe and that you can run standalone, all other versions are dlls that are embedded in the FS, so they only start with the FS that they are embedded in, so this makes no sense.