The simFlight Network Forums

Hotkey issue

Dave March

2 minutes ago, Tigerhawk said:

First with Detect.....Auto setting at 105.  This failed to connect, but did after closing and opening FSUIPC and PF3 (see 2 logs with 105 added to FSUIPC).

But why did you even try with 105? That was the value I determined for another user based upon his log file. Looking at your log file, the value you need is around 240.

As I have said, I will create a FAQ entry on how to determine the value needed. Basically you need to look into the log and find the timestamp of the detected log message:

3109 Simulator detected

and then find the last 'SimConnect_Open succeeded' message, which from your prev log is this:

244468 SimConnect_Open succeeded

The difference between those two timestamps is 241.359 seconds, so 240 is a good starting value for this parameter for your installation.

John

Hi John,

just for your information, I have attached my last two logs running version 7.4.9. Even with the setting DetectToConnectDelayAuto=300, FSUIPC does not detect hotkeys from PF3 when started automatically. Starting FSUIPC manually when MSFS is already started does work though - see last log.

I must say that I have a massive AI setup (AIG) and some other mods in my community folder so it takes some time to start MSFS.

FSUIPC7.log FSUIPC7_prev.log

1 hour ago, Tuomasi said:

I have attached my last two logs running version 7.4.9. Even with the setting DetectToConnectDelayAuto=300

But that is a new ini parameter not available in 7.4.9. Please download the latest beta, 7.4.10c - attached above,  and try again. A value of 300 might not be enough for your installation, looking at your log files. Looks like you need a value of 375, but this is currently not possible. Try with 300 first, and if that doesn't work let me know and i will change the maximum value to 500.

john 

Something must have been done from v7.4.5 to 7.4.9 because with 7.4.5 (the version I'm using because of hotkeys not working) this problem never happened, maybe John can look that through and regress that mods to make it work again, if this can be done at all.

Tried as you suggested with a value of 375 and it did work (although I had to stop the flight due to a phone call)! Do you need more logs? And thanks a lot for looking into the issue!

6 hours ago, John Dowson said:

@Tuomasi Please try the attached version(7.4.10d) with
    DetectToConnectDelayAuto=375

In this version i have updated to allow a maximum value of 500.

John

FSUIPC7.exe 663 kB · 1 download

47 minutes ago, Tuomasi said:

Do you need more logs?

No, not if it is working.

1 hour ago, Cuantreau said:

Something must have been done from v7.4.5 to 7.4.9 because with 7.4.5 (the version I'm using because of hotkeys not working) this problem never happened, maybe John can look that through and regress that mods to make it work again, if this can be done at all.

A lot has changed between 7.4.5 to 7.4.9, and the changes were done to improve the start-up/initialisation process due to other reported issues, which were fixed by these changes. It is not possible to isolate any specific change that has caused this issue, especially as I do not and never have had this problem.

Looking at the logs. this seems to be related to re-connection issues which is why the current solution is to delay the initial connection until MSFS is actually ready to receive and process the requests. I will continue to investigate to see if I can find a better solution, but it is very difficult as I cannot reproduce here.

John

I think I may have found the issue... When the reconnect is started, the old connection wasn't being closed, and so some data was being received from the old connection, including the setting of various flags relating to the state of the connection, so the new connection wasn't being initialised correctly as the delayed response from the previous connection had confused things. I have corrected in the attached if people experiencing this issue can try it (especially @Cuantreau who is still pm 7.4.5). For those who have adjusted the DetectToConnectDelayAuto ini parameter to resolve their issue, you should remove this when testing this version, although probably better to add that back in afterwards (although shouldn't actually be needed/neccessary if this fix works, but still better to use this due to unrelated connection number issues).

Please attach a log file if you get the same issue - preferably with logging for Extras enabled.

John

FSUIPC7.exe

4 hours ago, John Dowson said:

I think I may have found the issue... When the reconnect is started, the old connection wasn't being closed, and so some data was being received from the old connection, including the setting of various flags relating to the state of the connection, so the new connection wasn't being initialised correctly as the delayed response from the previous connection had confused things. I have corrected in the attached if people experiencing this issue can try it (especially @Cuantreau who is still pm 7.4.5). For those who have adjusted the DetectToConnectDelayAuto ini parameter to resolve their issue, you should remove this when testing this version, although probably better to add that back in afterwards (although shouldn't actually be needed/neccessary if this fix works, but still better to use this due to unrelated connection number issues).

Please attach a log file if you get the same issue - preferably with logging for Extras enabled.

John

FSUIPC7.exe 663 kB · 2 downloads

Hi John, I tried this version you posted three different times in three different airports, msfs booted and closed and one pc reboot in between. Hotkeys worked each time, thank you so much for fixing now I'm able to use an FSUIPC version grater than 7.4.5.

10 hours ago, Cuantreau said:

I tried this version you posted three different times in three different airports, msfs booted and closed and one pc reboot in between. Hotkeys worked each time, thank you so much for fixing now I'm able to use an FSUIPC version grater than 7.4.5.

Great - glad this has finally been fixed!

I have released this now (7.4.10), and this will be the last update before the SU15 release.

John

Sorry to have to revisit this, but I need to make further changes to the way FSUIPC7 starts, and I would like users who have this issue with key presses not being received to try this before I release publicly. Therefore could all people with this issue, especially @Cuantreau please test this version. Please attach logs if you have issues.

This version contains an auto-tune feature for the connection issues, but I will publish details on this once I have verified that this version doesn't re-introduce the problem with keys/hot keys reported by so many of you.

Thanks,

John

Attachment removed, now available from here: 

Edited by John Dowson
Attachment removed

4 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Sorry to have to revisit this, but I need to make further changes to the way FSUIPC7 starts, and I would like users who have this issue with key presses not being received to try this before I release publicly. Therefore could all people with this issue, especially @Cuantreau please test this version. Please attach logs if you have issues.

This version contains an auto-tune feature for the connection issues, but I will publish details on this once I have verified that this version doesn't re-introduce the problem with keys/hot keys reported by so many of you.

Thanks,

John

FSUIPC7.exe 664 kB · 0 downloads

Johm,

Above worked for me, tried it 3 or 4 times.

Question: If at some point auto-tuning doesn't work and values are set manually for the startup parameters, the next time FSUJIPC7 starts will those manually set parameter values be over written by the auto-tuning, or does the auto-tuning code check the FSUIPC7.ini file for those parameters?

Thanks,

Al

8 hours ago, ark1320 said:

Above worked for me, tried it 3 or 4 times.

Ok, thanks for checking.

8 hours ago, ark1320 said:

Question: If at some point auto-tuning doesn't work and values are set manually for the startup parameters, the next time FSUJIPC7 starts will those manually set parameter values be over written by the auto-tuning, or does the auto-tuning code check the FSUIPC7.ini file for those parameters?

I will provide full details later today, but auto-tuning will only kick in if the default value of the DetectToConnectDelayAuto ini parameter hasn't been changed, or if it is forced. To test the auto-tuning, just remove the DetectToConnectDelayAuto parameter from your ini. If auto-tuning increases the DetectToConnectDelayAuto parameter, it will not run again. If it decreases this parameter, it will run again on the next auto-start unless the parameter has been decreased to 30 (minimum value for this parameter).

I also noticed a minor issue in the above attachment - this has been corrected and the attachment replaced (no change in version number though). So please download this again if you want to try the auto-tuning.

John

• Like 1

I have now released this version as a beta release, available here: 

Please download and use that version, which has a few minor updates compared to the version posted above, which I will now remove.

For any issues with key presses or hot keys, please post here. For any other issues, especially with auto-tune, please use that announcement page.

John

• Like 1