The simFlight Network Forums

Wait or Delay in Simconnect + Requests

DaveSCUSA

Hello John,

Though all your help, I have been able to get all keypresses for the DA62 to work. Thanks.

I found the delay control ( 1152 ) you provide very helpful in controlling Keypresses when MSFS responds too quickly. Is there a Sim Variable that is set? I would like to use it in Presets if I find a command that may need it. Depends on the keypad timing.

May I suggest a few items?

1.       You would significantly increase the worth of FSUIPC7 for Alpha and Bravo users if you created a proprietary C510 set of presets to be offered in a paid version only.

2.       To use the UI to set controls to buttons or keypresses may be enhance for users if the control search (one where the user enter the first few characters) returns the first entry at the top of the pick list.

3.       Is there some way that upon start up that there could be a log option that could separate the InputEvent found and InputEvent parameter received lists from the log when a user request logging Input Events? Another words List On/Off. That way, when user debugging, the log is not too large.

4.        Keypresses – Is there a way to turn on/off showing keyboard presses while continuing to show buttons & keys from other devices than the keyboard. I am realizing that most of the KEYDOWN and KEYUP entries in the log are keyboard usage to navigate around MSFS.

These suggestions are to allow a user to use the log as a debugging tool while providing the ability to show all the data you need to debug FSUIPC.

Thanks

12 hours ago, DaveSCUSA said:

1.       You would significantly increase the worth of FSUIPC7 for Alpha and Bravo users if you created a proprietary C510 set of presets to be offered in a paid version only.

The MF Hub-Hop resource/website is the community-driven effort for discovering and publishing presets. I am certainly not going to create a 'proprietary' set of presets - these should be available to the community. And from what I have seen of the C510, it seems to mainly use Input Events for a lot of external control. It is NOT possible to use input events via presets, which is why a presume there are no presets yet available on the MF Hub Hop site for this aircraft.

13 hours ago, DaveSCUSA said:

2.       To use the UI to set controls to buttons or keypresses may be enhance for users if the control search (one where the user enter the first few characters) returns the first entry at the top of the pick list.

This has been requested before and I have already spent quite a while looking into this. It turned out to be too problematic for several reasons, and I am not going to look at this again, at least for the time being. I am just too busy.

3.       Is there some way that upon start up that there could be a log option that could separate the InputEvent found and InputEvent parameter received lists from the log when a user request logging Input Events? Another words List On/Off. That way, when user debugging, the log is not too large.

I don't see a need. If you just want to know what input events are available, use Log->List Input Events. Just switch on Input Event logging when you want to see if an input event exists on a certain button/function, and to see what parameters it is using.

4.        Keypresses – Is there a way to turn on/off showing keyboard presses while continuing to show buttons & keys from other devices than the keyboard. I am realizing that most of the KEYDOWN and KEYUP entries in the log are keyboard usage to navigate around MSFS.

No - there is no distinction between where key presses come from, I just get a key press/release events (not the source), so this is just not possible.