The simFlight Network Forums

WASM Error Message

DaveSCUSA

Hello John,

Like many, I receive a virus message with ver. 3.4. I have windows firewall and defender shut off. The router has a firewall that recognizes my IP address for a legitimate return of a request. My Chrome download still shows a virus with the download.

Running Ver 3.4.12 on the server and Ver 3.4.11 on the client.

I downloaded the 3.4 executable (FSUIPC7.exe) from the forum. I now receive the following error:

7914593  [ERROR]: **** The installed WASM version is 1.0.2 while the WAPI is expecting WASM version 1.0.3. Please update the WASM module as this may cause issues.

Perhaps there isn't an issue with Windows Defender. I am running Windows 11 on my server and Windows 10 on my client and FSUIPC7 on both. The firewall and defender are off on both pcs. 

The message from the client is:

8729454   [INFO]: **** Starting FSUIPC7 WASM Interface (WAPI) version 1.0.4 (WASM version 1.0.3) using connection -1

VFSUIPC7.log

FSUIPC7.log

12 hours ago, DaveSCUSA said:

Like many, I receive a virus message with ver. 3.4. I have windows firewall and defender shut off. The router has a firewall that recognizes my IP address for a legitimate return of a request. My Chrome download still shows a virus with the download.

There is no virus in FSUIPC7, and no virus is detected in the FSUIPC7.exe. However, since a windows defender virus update a few weeks ago, there is a false-positive detection of a virus by Windows Defender in the FSUIPC7 installer (i.e. in the installer, not in FSUIPC7 itself).

There are many posts about this, including instructions on what to do to install FSUIPC7 for the time being. I have also informed Microsoft and hopefully this will be rectified in a future virus definition update.

13 hours ago, DaveSCUSA said:

Running Ver 3.4.12 on the server and Ver 3.4.11 on the client.

I downloaded the 3.4 executable (FSUIPC7.exe) from the forum.

Those version numbers make no sense. Current released version is 7.4.11

13 hours ago, DaveSCUSA said:

I now receive the following error:

7914593  [ERROR]: **** The installed WASM version is 1.0.2 while the WAPI is expecting WASM version 1.0.3. Please update the WASM module as this may cause issues.

Perhaps there isn't an issue with Windows Defender. I am running Windows 11 on my server and Windows 10 on my client and FSUIPC7 on both. The firewall and defender are off on both pcs. 

That message should be obvious. You are using a version of FSUIPC that is expecting to be used with WASM 1.0.3, but you have 1.0.2 installed. Nothing to do with firewalls. To get rid of this warning, install WASM 1.0.3. Or better still, just re-install FSUIPC7 (including WASM) via the FSUIPC7 installer.

It is also only a warning - generally you should be mostly fine running mismatched versions as I try to keep the interface roughly compatible. However, you may have issues trying to use any new features introduced in 1.0.3 (as you are still running WASM 1.0.2), if there were any.

John

Just now, DaveSCUSA said:

Perhaps you could put the work around in its own post.

Yes, I probably should...I was hoping Microsoft would fix this asap, but will create a FAQ entry on this issue for now, and maybe a sticky/featured topic in the FSUIPC7 sub-forum (although there is already one) - not that many people will find these before posting....!

6 hours ago, DaveSCUSA said:

can you put it at the top like the "Trial License" post? At least it will be seen as a person creates a new topic.

I have already pinned the topic 'Download link virus detected' to the top, which contains the link to the solution in my response.

6 hours ago, DaveSCUSA said:

The confusing thing, I bet for many of us, is that I have the firewall and defender off (too many resources used). I scan at midnight. 

With all that off, Windows still killed it. ???

No. Windows will just quarantine the installer zip file if that is still around. It won't detect anything wrong with FSUIPC7 itself or any of the files installed, so that will not be affected, and even the Install_FSUIPC7.exe is clean. It seems to only affect the zip file, which is why the latest beta is the exe only.
When I release 7.4.12, I will provide the usual downloadable zip but also separate downloads for the zip contents - the FSUIPC7 installer, the readme.txt and changes.txt files, and installation and registration guide/pdf.

I can download the zip file today/now and it doesn't get quarantined, so maybe Microsoft have now corrected this - can you try please? You maybe need to update your virus definitions if you don't have that set to automatic, or wait until you get the latest update, which is Security intelligence version 1.409.501.0 (created 25/04/2024 03:28).

John