The simFlight Network Forums

Goflight RP48 and FSX

Hello!

I am a FSX user, running win 11.

I used the Goflight RP 48 hardware on my previous computer running win 8. It was running well.

On my new PC (win 11), the Goflight RP 48 is detected using the Goflight config module but the hardware is not functioning with FSX!

I downloaded the driver GFdev.dll (dated 2013) from the FSUIPC.com Website. After that it worked but after shutting down FSX I got the message that a "compatibility change was made". Do you want to save the changes? Yes/No?

After saying yes, the RP 48  was still detected in the PC control panel but not working. After reinstalling the driver from FSUIPC and saying "No" to the compatibilty message I am unable to get my RP48 back to work!!

Requesting ideas and input.

Thank you very much.

On 4/25/2024 at 10:40 PM, jean-louis said:

After that it worked but after shutting down FSX I got the message that a "compatibility change was made". Do you want to save the changes? Yes/No?

What exactly was this message? Was it from FSX or windows?

On 4/25/2024 at 10:40 PM, jean-louis said:

After saying yes, the RP 48  was still detected in the PC control panel but not working. After reinstalling the driver from FSUIPC and saying "No" to the compatibilty message I am unable to get my RP48 back to work!!

But is it detected by FSUIPC? Is FSUIPC still running with FSX? If FSX is no longer loading FSUIPC, maybe see 

John

Hi, i had 11 of GoFlight devices working well since i installed win10. After that, I encountered USB problems, devices freezing after a few minutes and so on...

I know that there was possibility to update the firmware, but only when sending all the stuff back to the US...  (My devices dated from 2008/2010 and my firmware was old for all the types). The lack of support covinced me to stop to invest with this type of solution.

Regards

On 4/26/2024 at 1:07 AM, John Dowson said:

What exactly was this message? Was it from FSX or windows?

But is it detected by FSUIPC? Is FSUIPC still running with FSX? If FSX is no longer loading FSUIPC, maybe see 

Thank you John for your reply!

I looked at the FSX.CFG file I saw that the GOFLIGHT RP48 is trusted. I remember seeing the message "Do you trust GFdev.dll?" message after installing the new driver from FSUIPC (GFdev.dll dated 2013).

Trusted]

C:\GoFlight\GFDevFSX.exe.qnthkatllerquotaeqkztkwnbcnibrithiilcnne=1

I don't receive the message" Compatibility check was applied" any more after shutting down FSX. The message was from Windows 11. I am running FSX in compatibility mode using Windows 8.

RP 48 is seen connected to the PC (control panel "Hardware and printers)), the GOFLIGHT config app is controlling it. It seems that FSX is not communicating to it!

Goflight is not providing software update anymore, so I cannot reload the software.

Let me know if you have any input,

Thank you very much for your time!!

Jean-louis 

John

Trusted files FSX.docx

@jean-louis I do not understand why you posted that file.

If you want me to help me, please respond to my (previous) questions. Your issue may be obvious to you, but it is not clear to me which is why you need to respond to my questions, otherwise I cannot help you.

Have you installed the GoGlight driver for FSUIPC4? Please show me your FSUIPC4.log file. The loading of the GoFlight driver should be logged, together with any GoFlight devices detected. 

Hi John,

Great news today...

The driver for the Goflight RP48 (GFdev.dll) was NOT installed with FSUIPC 4.

When I put the GFdev.dll file in FSUIPC Module, I finally get my RP 48 working. The RP48 is now detected by FSUIPC4 and I am able to assign functions to the rotary switches and buttons like I was used to before changing my PC.

Thank you for your inputs!

Best regards,

Jean-louis