The simFlight Network Forums

Problem with FSUIPC??

I have a problem that has been driving crazy. I recently registered FSUPIC and WideFS. The problem that I have involves connection to IVAO or Vatsim via Squawkbox which I believe must use FSUIPC. This problem does not happen using regular FS2004 Multiplayer, and being that it happens using SBRelay and the other program for IVAO, I would rule that out as the problem.

Problem: A few minutes after connecting to IVAO or Vatsim, via squawkbox, FS stops receiving any information, messages, location of other users, etc, in fact, it almost appears as if every connection information just freezes in place, in other words, FS2004 stopps getting updates from the IVAO and Vatsim networks. Squawkbox still continues to receive information and messages, but it fails to pass that on to FS2004. FS2004, however, continues to send information out about my location, state, etc, and if I send a message via chat window, the message is in fact sent.

Please help, I have tried everything, and the problem does not appear to go away.

-Jose Alvarez

The problem that I have involves connection to IVAO or Vatsim via Squawkbox which I believe must use FSUIPC. This problem does not happen using regular FS2004 Multiplayer, and being that it happens using SBRelay and the other program for IVAO, I would rule that out as the problem.

I think Squawkbox only uses FSUIPC for certain things, like your aircraft position and the setting of your COM radio. Oh, also setting the weather unless that option is turned off.

Problem: A few minutes after connecting to IVAO or Vatsim, via squawkbox, FS stops receiving any information, messages, location of other users, etc, in fact, it almost appears as if every connection information just freezes in place, in other words, FS2004 stopps getting updates from the IVAO and Vatsim networks. Squawkbox still continues to receive information and messages, but it fails to pass that on to FS2004. FS2004, however, continues to send information out about my location, state, etc, and if I send a message via chat window, the message is in fact sent.

In that case the FSUIPC connection sounds like it is still working correctly. The details about other aircraft are entirely performed through Multiplayer, FSUIPC isn't involved in that at all. Isn't it "SBRelay" which matches FS2004's Multiplayer to the FS2002 type data expected by Squawkbox?

I hope someone who uses SB + SBrelay + FS2004 successfully can jump in and help you here, as it is truly outside my area of involvement and experience.

Regards,

Pete