The simFlight Network Forums

PFC Installed but not detecting

Hello,

I went back a few pages in the forum in the hopes that the question was asked recently but was unable to find it.

I have just installed FS2002 on my computer running WinXP. I installed the most recent versions of PFC.DLL (1.72) and FSUIPC (3.125) and although the install went as expected, the driver does not appear to be working correctly.

None of the sliders respond in the config windows and when I go to the 'test' tab, the right window is scrolling by at a rate of about 2 entries per second reporting the error '?=Unknown'.

There is some sort of communication occuring, otherwise there wouldn't be anything for the test pane to read. (As is the case when I try using COM3)

The setup works with On Top flawlessly, so I am pretty sure that it's not related to the hardware configuration.

I could not find a troubleshooting section in the accompanying documentation, so I thought I'd try here.

Regards,

Matthew Purdon.

I have just installed FS2002 on my computer running WinXP. I installed the most recent versions of PFC.DLL (1.72) and FSUIPC (3.125) and although the install went as expected, the driver does not appear to be working correctly.

None of the sliders respond in the config windows and when I go to the 'test' tab, the right window is scrolling by at a rate of about 2 entries per second reporting the error '?=Unknown'.

There is some sort of communication occuring, otherwise there wouldn't be anything for the test pane to read. (As is the case when I try using COM3)

The setup works with On Top flawlessly, so I am pretty sure that it's not related to the hardware configuration.

What PFC equipment are you using? Does "On Top" use the same native PFC protocol as FS? I know that PFC also do Elite protocol systems which are certainly not compatible.

There is more extensive logging available in the Test page. If you enable the "Log all COM port send receive data", and show me an extract from the PFC.LOG file you get, I can see if it looks like the right sort of data.

You might want to check back with PFC to see if your equipment is compatible with FS, or possibly needs a different driver altogether.

Regards,

Pete

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere in the past that On Top uses same hardware protocol as Elite. Assuming you're using a PFC throttle console...if you remove the knurled nuts on each side of the throttle levers, and remove the lever quadrant, you will see a small silver toggle switch mounted on the panel behind where the quad fits to the front of the console. One position is for MSFS, one for Elite (and presumably On Top as well). I drilled another hole in the back of the PFC cabinet and moved the switch there so I don't have to remove the quad to switch (I also use Elite).

Cheers