The simFlight Network Forums

PFC 1.80: can't change configs without restarting sim

Pete;

When I first fired up FS9 with PFC 1.80 running, it defaulted to the jet 2-engine config for the model I was using. I went to the throttle quad tab, selected User Config 1, clicked on "Assign to Aircraft" and exited. No change. No matter what I did, I couldn't get the config to change unless I exited FS9 and restarted after making the change. That's really painful when you've loaded up 6-7 add-ons across three PCs and have to kill 'em all and reload. I remember being able to change on the fly in previous versions.

Cheers

Bob

When I first fired up FS9 with PFC 1.80 running, it defaulted to the jet 2-engine config for the model I was using. I went to the throttle quad tab, selected User Config 1, clicked on "Assign to Aircraft" and exited. No change. No matter what I did, I couldn't get the config to change unless I exited FS9 and restarted after making the change. That's really painful when you've loaded up 6-7 add-ons across three PCs and have to kill 'em all and reload. I remember being able to change on the fly in previous versions.

I've not changed any of that code, and it works fine here. I've just tried all sorts of things and it won't go wrong.

BUT! I do know what I forgot! Hell and damnation! :oops:

When I inserted the new "737NG" standard quadrant, all the others after that got re-numbered up one. So the section in your PFD.INI file named [AircraftQuadrants] will, on their right-hand sides, have numbers which are wrong if they were 7 or above. They should now be 8 or above. If the wrong number now points to a quadrant which isn't enabled then PFC will make up its own mind what to give you.

The fix for you is easy. Delete the aircraft assignment (button on front page) and re-assign the correct quadrant to your aircraft. OR (if you have a lot) edit the PFD.INI file and increase any quadrant assignment over 6 by 1.

The fix for me is a bit of a problem. Should I just tell anyone who inquires about this to do the same, or should I fix it by automatically re-jiggling the numbers internally? If I do the latter, then anyone who has used 1.80 and sorted it will then be messed up in 1.81. Duh! :? What do you think?

Sorry about this. There's always something, isn't there? Everything is connected to everything else. :(

Regards,

Pete

Thanks, Pete.

You could add an ini file parameter, i.e. PFCVersion=1.81 and if the version number pre-dates current version (or is missing) it makes the changes to these and any other ini file params that may need changing with an updated version. Then all (3?) of us who make the changes ourselves would just have to add the line manually before we run the next version...

Cheers

Bob

You could add an ini file parameter, i.e. PFCVersion=1.81 and if the version number pre-dates current version (or is missing) it makes the changes to these and any other ini file params that may need changing with an updated version. Then all (3?) of us who make the changes ourselves would just have to add the line manually before we run the next version...

Hmmmyes. Sounds okay.

Thanks & Regards,

Pete