The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 5.123D not opening in Sim

I have installed the latest module which certainly helps with the simconnect issue. However, I cannot open the FSUIPC box within the sim anymore. I click on FSUIPC from the menu bar and nothing happens. I cant get to access the options at all.

Thanks

Keith

16 minutes ago, kgmann said:

I have installed the latest module which certainly helps with the simconnect issue. However, I cannot open the FSUIPC box within the sim anymore. I click on FSUIPC from the menu bar and nothing happens. I cant get to access the options at all.

That is very strange. FSUIPC requests DialogMode from SimConnect and it isn't supposed to open the dialogue until SimConnect tells it that the mode is operative.

Can you tell me what other P3D programs or addons you have running? Are there other entries in the AddOns menu?

Pete

Hi Pete

Welcome back. I have installed your latest 5.123e but there appears to be a knock on adverse effect. After the FSUIPC is opened and closed, right-clicking on the virtual cockpit brings up the P3Dv4.2 View pop up but none of the side tabs appear (cockpit/spot) when the mouse is moved over the menu item. This makes it impossible to change views via this method. This was not happening with 5.122 or 5.123d. 

EDIT: I have the following Add-ons menu items:

• vPilot Squawk Mode C/Standy/Ident
  • FSLabs & FSLabs Spotlights
  • SODE 1.5.3
  • FSUIPC (of course)
  • Active Weather Request (AS16)
  • Couatl stings/live update
  • GSX
  • Add-on Manager (Virtuali)

5 hours ago, Scotfleiger said:

I have installed your latest 5.123e but there appears to be a knock on adverse effect. After the FSUIPC is opened and closed, right-clicking on the virtual cockpit brings up the P3Dv4.2 View pop up but none of the side tabs appear (cockpit/spot) when the mouse is moved over the menu item. This makes it impossible to change views via this method. This was not happening with 5.122 or 5.123d. 

Sorry, but  it cannot be FSUIPC related. The FSUIPC open and closing is exactly as it used to be. The problem with the Options sometimes not appearing was related to programs (like ProSim) which was sending many controls very quickly via offsets and a list building up in FSUIPC overflowed by 1 (bad limit check), corrupting a MenuItem saving value which made FSUIPC think the menu was already open. So it didn't re-open. This is an error which has been in all versions of FSUIPC4 and 5 till now.

FSUIPC cannot affect whether mice moving over things causes them to do something. It is purely passive.

Please try a series of eliminations on all you active add-ons.

Pete

1 hour ago, Scotfleiger said:

Fine. I do not use ProSim and have never had the problem before. I switched back to 5.123d last night and the problem did not repeat. I will monitor.

The ProSim problem merely caused the FSUIPC Options not to appear. It was a combination of two bugs, one in ProSim sending masses of offset changes for the same thing, on one in FSUIPC which has always been there -- just a terminal condition on a table (> should have been >=).

The only thing i found in experimentation to find this latter bug is that there appears to be no real need to ask SimConnect to put the Sim into "dialogMode" before opening the Options dialogue. In fact it is better without -- a little faster, AND it doesn't then blank the Sim view. Try that in the 'e' version if you like. Add

UseDialogMode=No

to the INI file [General] section.

I was thinking of making that the default mode, but I thought it might be a drastic move and I was worried about side effects. I'm not now sure why the DialogMode system exists. It might date back to FSX and P3Dv1 and their true "full screen" mode, where possibly the dialogue would not appear, or would appear on the "windows" screen behind the sim-owned full screen. I'll have to ask L-M about that.

Pete