The simFlight Network Forums

capture mode Ofset

As the aircraft nears a selected altitude for alt hold,a pitch round is computed based on the vertical speed to reach the altitude. So VS slows down and AP vs value = 0. This is what we can call capture mode.

What ofset should be use to determine if the aircraft is capture mode or not?

This is for simulation of a Bendix King altitude selector.

regards

As the aircraft nears a selected altitude for alt hold,a pitch round is computed based on the vertical speed to reach the altitude. So VS slows down and AP vs value = 0. This is what we can call capture mode.

regards

Sorry, I'm not understanding you.

FS certainly does something of the sort you mention. Are you wanting to know WHEN it does it? Just reading the autopilot V/S value should tell you, surely?

If this is not what you want to know, what is it please?

Regards,

Pete

regards

Sorry, I'm not understanding you.

FS certainly does something of the sort you mention. Are you wanting to know WHEN it does it? Just reading the autopilot V/S value should tell you, surely?

If this is not what you want to know, what is it please?

Regards,

Pete

For sure when the aircraft goes into capture mode, the vs_hold value goes to 0 and vertical speed it self begin to decrease.

With some epl manipulations i could determine that.

But i already have a lot of epl for the altitude selector.

To simplify the task, is is there a specefic ofset that says WHEN it does it.

Thanks for your help

For sure when the aircraft goes into capture mode, the vs_hold value goes to 0 and vertical speed it self begin to decrease.

No. To do that it would have test V/S for zero and set something non-zero when it was. There's no point in that, and it just means more work to do continuously in the FS process.

Regards,

Pete

No. To do that it would have test V/S for zero and set something non-zero when it was. There's no point in that, and it just means more work to do continuously in the FS process.

Regards,

I agrea.

Do you have an idea how i could do this?

Any ofset that says when the aicraft is in capture mode?

Pete

Do you have an idea how i could do this?

Any ofset that says when the aicraft is in capture mode?

With the FS autopilot, the Altitude Hold flag is set in Altitude hold, acquire or flight level change mode, whatever -- it makes no distinction. The flag is as documented, at 07D0. If this is set, and the current altimeter altitude in 3324 is not equal to the A/P's altitude setting in 07D4 (beware difference in units) then the V/S value is 07F2 should be non-zero and indicating the appropriate climb or descent. When it goes to zero the set altitude is acquired, or very nearly so.

Pete

IS ACQUIRED OR VERY NEARLY SO.

Exactly and this is what tells me when the aircraft is on capture mode.

If 07F2 goes 0 but previously set to any climb rate. The aircraft is in capture mode.

It works very well.

Thank you

I am still with 2002 until i have the space to build the cockpit.

Then i l go with newest verssion of everything.