The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Offsets for PM GC

Hello!

I have a question about Offset 5428 CDU "Keyboard Interface" in FSUIPC for

PM Controls.

I can send one character but whot does it mean if there is written in documentation

"other bytes must change if you have two same characters after the other..."

Which other Bytes????

My second question is about Offset 4F4 Values 301-311 (Secondary EICAS pages

and functions 747)? Should these values work?

They did not work in my build.

Thanks a lot!

Peter

have a question about Offset 5428 CDU "Keyboard Interface" in FSUIPC for PM Controls. I can send one character but whot does it mean if there is written in documentation "other bytes must change if you have two same characters after the other..." Which other Bytes????

My second question is about Offset 4F4 Values 301-311 (Secondary EICAS pages and functions 747)? Should these values work? They did not work in my build.

These are really questions for PM support. FSUIPC is merely the messenger, it doesn't read the contents of these things nor act upon them.

However, as to your first question I think it means that his program has no way of telling that you want two successive characters the same if nothing changes -- the only way it knows you've done anything is because the value changes. So, you have to make a change that doesn't matter.

It looks like the word "bytes" there should in fact be "bits" -- just change one of the unallocated bits in the high byte each time you send a character, then it will know about the change.

Sorry, I don't know anything about the second question.

Regards,

Pete