The simFlight Network Forums

Can't find an Offset

I tried the various Bus Amps readings, but they're not even close.

What does that mean? Are you saying they are in the wrong units, or that they never change with switch operation, or what? Please clarify. And is this FS2002 or FS2004? What sort of figures do you want and what are you getting?

Those values are in the second, unsupported, table in the Programmer's Guide. No one has ever actually asked for them before, and it is quite possible they are not even hooked up at present. If I know what you are looking for and how I can check it I may be able to fix something in the next FSUIPC version.

Pete

I tried the various Bus Amps readings, but they're not even close.

What does that mean? Are you saying they are in the wrong units, or that they never change with switch operation, or what? Please clarify...... If I know what you are looking for and how I can check it I may be able to fix something in the next FSUIPC version.

Pete

Hi Pete, sorry I wasn't clear. Firstly, I'm currently working with FS2002.

What I've done is written an application that displays a generic General Aviation instrument panel on an external computer, connected to the computer running MSFS via WideFS. (I know that PM already does one, but a) it's expensive payware and b) since it uses 3D you need a fairly good computer to run it - mine runs on even a 486)

I've gotten all the flight instruments working fine, and all the engine gauges except the Ammeter :-(

I looked at the various "Amps" readings in the FSUIPC SDK (yes, second table), but they all seem to be far too high - in flight the panel Ammeter shows a very small value - only an amp or so either side of zero - but the bus amps all seem to be around 30.

Richard

[quote name="Pete Dowson

I looked at the various "Amps" readings in the FSUIPC SDK (yes' date=' second table), but they all seem to be far too high - in flight the panel Ammeter shows a very small value - only an amp or so either side of zero - but the bus amps all seem to be around 30.

[/quote]

It sounds like the Ammeter you are tlaking about shows the net charge or drain being made to the battery. The Bus Amps will be the current actually running through the bus -- i.e. the total consumption of everything on the bus.

Have you looked at "BATTERY LOAD", which sounds more likely. Otherwise it might be a matter of balancing some of the values -- alternator/generator amps less all the consumer amps should give the net to / from the battery, shouldn't it?

Pete

Have you looked at "BATTERY LOAD", which sounds more likely. Otherwise it might be a matter of balancing some of the values -- alternator/generator amps less all the consumer amps should give the net to / from the battery, shouldn't it?

Pete

Thanks, Pete - one of those two methods will probably do it. I'm on the road at the moment and the fine baggage handling folks at "America Worst" have managed to break my laptop, so I have no access to my app till I get home, but I'll look this weekend.

Richard