The simFlight Network Forums

equalising the throttles

About the PFC.dll "equalise the throttle" feature when engines 1 and 2 are relatively close, is there a chance to extend this feature to fsuipc.dll to apply to any throttle ?

It's on my list, but I don't don't know when I can fit it in. And it isn't as easy -- with the PFC devices I know the resolution of the device. I would have to allow the "closeness" to be a parameter in FSUIPC. And I think it would need the digital jitter filter too.

I think I would wrap this up together with selections of response curves for the main flight controls, and try to do it all in one big enhancement some time later this year.

Regards,

Pete

Hi Pete, Ulisses,

I'm having this problem too, and got to thinking...

What about a toggle in FSUIPC that could be toggled like an FS toggle (in the drop down list) via a button or switch.

When toggled, the throttles would either operate as per their defined tolerances in the joysticks section (page 3?) or, all throttles would operate per the first throttle definition.

Does that make sense?

Ben

PS: It does raise the question, as to why to bother defining individual throttles at all, if one is going to use just one setting, but I guess there is a use.

What about a toggle in FSUIPC that could be toggled like an FS toggle (in the drop down list) via a button or switch.

When toggled, the throttles would either operate as per their defined tolerances in the joysticks section (page 3?) or, all throttles would operate per the first throttle definition.

Does that make sense?

Yes, and it is implemented already. It is called "throttle sync" and was introduced into FSUIPC as long ago as 2.83 (two years back). You'll find it on the Hot Keys page as "multiple throttle synchronisation".

In 3.12 I also added an extension to this which synchronised prop pitch and mixture settings too -- this is an option in the Technical page.

Regards,

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Pete, Ulisses...

I'm using a PFC throttle console with 6 levers:

1 - spoiler

1 - reverse

4 - engines

Now my problem is with the 4 engines levers. It's impossible to use them because they're not syncronize. If all 4 levers are at the same position I have different engines values on the plane using Flight Simulator 2004.

I use the last PFC.DLL

Is not possible to syncronize all the 4 levers via pfc.dll ?

I bought the Bae 146 via Aerosoft shop and with the PFC it's hard to fly due to this absurd problem because when the 4 levers are aligned I have different n1 values. Ex: engines 1-2 = 37% | engine 3 = 39% | engine 4 = 50% :roll:

Many thanks!

Regards,

Max

PS: sorry for my poor English