The simFlight Network Forums

747 Startup Sequence

pap

Hello !

I am building a 747 Cockpit. Interface of real switches I do with FSUIPC (registered) and a single Chip controler and VB.

Can anyone help me by startup sequence of engines. For engine 1 fore examle I put "Mixture lever" (Offset $0890) to 16384, then "Starter switch Position" (Offset $0892) to 1. But N2 dont increase. (Gaugs in FS2004 are moving in correct way) :roll:

In 747 I cant switch the Starter to Gen (Offset $0892=2) If N2 will climb up, should I put $0890 to 0 again?

Is there anyone who knows any more "translations" of real World Procedures (like Engine Start Up, Engine restart in Air, Engine shut down, Hydraulic and Electric preparation before Startup (so fare as FS2004 does it)) to FSUIPC Ofsets (step by step)?

Thanks

Peter

I have tried engine starting on the FS2002.

Mixture setting (0x890) is indeed 16384 to turn fuel on and 0 to turn fuel off. So don't set it at zero after starting. Setting the 0x892 offset value to 1 starts the leftmost engine. This has to stay 1 for a few seconds (until N1 starts increasing). You can keep it 1 as long as you want.

However, after some start attempts, I inadvertently ran out of battery power. You can use a checkbox under FSUIPC's Technical tab to extend the battery life to last sufficiently long for your tests.

Jeroen.

Sorry for the delay in replying -- I've been on holiday with no Internet access. I'm just trying to catch up with an enormous backlog now!

Can anyone help me by startup sequence of engines. For engine 1 fore examle I put "Mixture lever" (Offset $0890) to 16384, then "Starter switch Position" (Offset $0892) to 1. But N2 dont increase. (Gaugs in FS2004 are moving in correct way) :roll:

In 747 I cant switch the Starter to Gen (Offset $0892=2) If N2 will climb up, should I put $0890 to 0 again?

The starters in FS are "spring-loaded". If you don't keep writing 1 to the starter it will reset to 0. Keep writing 1 with a small delay. Ideally you should have a separate fuel switch and operate that when you seen N2% rise to 20 or 25% (varies with aircraft), but you can (incorrectly) enable the fuel first and it will work.

You don't need to set it to 0, but you can set it to 2 after engines are running (combustion flag non-zero) for Generators.

Regards,

Pete