The simFlight Network Forums

Throttle Probs with TQ6 or CH-SimYoke

Hello Pete,

I was reading over the threads here and I think, maybe you can help me.

When I push the throttle to maxium (or something else over 0 %) after a few minutes of flight (sometimes seconds) the value is going to 0% on the screen. If I then only touch the real throttle a little bit, value is there again, but after a few secs (or mins) the same again.

it happens with TQ6, and the same when I disconnect TQ6 and connect Sim-Yoke.

Can this be a problem of FSUIPC ? Did I miss to do some settings there ? Other things like mixture are working ony throttle not (if i use a C172).

Or is it a problem of USB-ports maybe ?

Best regards

Chris

I was reading over the threads here and I think, maybe you can help me.

When I push the throttle to maxium (or something else over 0 %) after a few minutes of flight (sometimes seconds) the value is going to 0% on the screen.

The value WHERE on the screen? What are you looking at that says it is going to 0%?

If I then only touch the real throttle a little bit, value is there again, but after a few secs (or mins) the same again.

Sorry, that is even more confusing. What is the difference between this "real throttle" and the one you referred to before? Do you have several throttles?

it happens with TQ6, and the same when I disconnect TQ6 and connect Sim-Yoke.

Do you have both calibrated correctly, in Windows or whatever drivers you are using? I don't have a TQ6 or a "Sim-Yoke" (I've not heard of the latter, actually).

Can this be a problem of FSUIPC ?

FSUIPC does nothing with throttles unless you specifically ask it to. If you aren't sure what you've done, just delete your FSUIPC.INI file (or move it out of the FS Modules folder) so that the defaults are set.

Or is it a problem of USB-ports maybe ?

I don't think USB devices are any worse than Game Port devices -- excepting that I don't think you can normally unplug them and re-plug them in without restarting FS. At least, such hot-plugging has never worked here.

I really have little idea about what your problem is. Maybe I can help you, or someone else here can, but you need to explain a little more carefully, please.

Regards,

Pete

Chris,

one thing that comes to my mind here is to check that no other game controllers can interfere. TQ6 and CH yoke are USB right? Is there possibly another game controller (gameport-) connected (a gamepad or something)? Then you should check FS's assignments and make sure there are no FS controls assigned to the axes and buttons of that gamecontroller.

Another thing is the setup of the power management of your computer, but I'm not sure wether this could apply here. I remember reports on the german FS newsgroup where the power management would srew up things after a certain period of inactivity (flying on autopilot) by turning parts of the hardware off or into standby mode.

Regards,

Frank