The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC version 3.22 and activesky

Hi,

How are you doing ? I have a problem with activesky2004 after installing this verion of FSUIPC when I refresh the weather.. the sky goes all crazy.. for a minute durring the update.. it goes from clear rainy foggy you name it.. when with the version before this one .. it worked fine.. please can someone help me out here. ??

Blessings

Adam

I have a problem with activesky2004 after installing this verion of FSUIPC when I refresh the weather.. the sky goes all crazy.. for a minute durring the update.. it goes from clear rainy foggy you name it.. when with the version before this one .. it worked fine.

I've not changed anything in the weather area at all. When you say "the version before this one", which is that, exactly. What you see as a version may not equate to the issue sequence.

Maybe you could talk to Damian about this. I'm sure that he can sort it out with me if he thinks there's been any changeas there's been no coding change in the weather area at all it is not possible for me to investigate your problems without more specific details.

Regards,

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Peter

I have a problem like that with weather not updated or bad updated :

the visibility is often around 6 km and temp/winds have error.

I have this problem with fs2004 internal online weather, with AS2004 and fsmeteo.

I have tried a FSUIPC previous version (3.2.0.2) and the problem was solved. The problem come again after reinstall of 3.22.

I have tried different settings and CFG reinstall...no change :(

I have a problem like that with weather not updated or bad updated :

the visibility is often around 6 km and temp/winds have error.

I have this problem with fs2004 internal online weather, with AS2004 and fsmeteo.

I have tried a FSUIPC previous version (3.2.0.2) and the problem was solved. The problem come again after reinstall of 3.22.

FSUIPC doesn't (can't) influence FS2004 internal online weather (except for the three visibility options marked ***), so I think you must have something else going on there. There also have been no changes in any of the weather facilities in FSUIPC for many releases now.

Perhaps you can be a little more explicit about what you mean by "the temp/winds have error". In itself that means nothing I'm afraid. Do the FS weather dialogues say "error"? What constitutes an error in temp/winds?

Regards,

Pete

temperature: the temp doesn't change and keep ISA setting or change with +- 2-5 ° error

Winds (surface wind) : sometimes the winds are ok, sometimes are wrong (no wind or rarely direction and speed error).

If i made manual correction, i can change temp and winds but there no effect on visibililty.

temperature: the temp doesn't change and keep ISA setting or change with +- 2-5 ° error

The temperature doesn't decrease as you ascend?

What does 2-5 degree error mean? Where is the error reported, or how are you judging it to be an error? Please be more explicit. Take FS2004 downloaded weather as the example (since FSUIPC has absolutely no influence on that at all). Tell me what you do and where and how you see an error.

Winds (surface wind) : sometimes the winds are ok, sometimes are wrong (no wind or rarely direction and speed error).

Again, how do you judge these to be in error? With FS downloaded weather you get whatever the download gives you. And, as with temperature, FSUIPC is unable to influence the winds downloaded by FS2004 in any way whatsoever. I wish I could find a way, but there's none that I found.

If i made manual correction, i can change temp and winds but there no effect on visibililty.

How do you make a correction if you cannot judge what the error is? I seem to be missing some vital piece of information here which you are not telling me!

Visibility *can* be overridden in FSUIPC, using the three options marked *** in the Visibility page. Do you use those?

Perhaps you can explain in more detail what you are doing and why you think it is wrong. Maybe save a flight with what you believe to be "wrong weather", and tell me why you think it is wrong and what it should be. Please be sure to use default aircraft and scenery so I can load it here. If you can also turn on FSUIPC's Weather logging for this, it may help -- ZIP the saved FLT + WX files, plus the FSUIPC.LOG file, plus your FSUIPC.INI file, and send them with your explanation to petedowson@btconnect.com.

Regards,

Pete

I don't understand the "spirit's" answer...

some details :

- The temp decrease when i climb normally

- +- 2-5 ° error ---->various error up to 5° (SAT off course)

- I judge nothing, i note:

If the metar used by fs (atis), as2004 or fsmeteo(metar displayed) is :

XXXX 250@15 10sm......19/9° and i have 170@1 4sm........15°

i note some errors in the weather, simply.............

How can i correct the parameters ? : i close weather-addon and i change parameters in the FS weather interface. That's work for temp and wind but not systematically for visibility.

*** options are not used but i have tested it and there no impact on my problem.

I'll make complete test tonight or tomorrow with LOG and screenshoots.

For the moment i'm finishing my RJAA-LFPO.

Regards

I don't understand the "spirit's" answer...

Sorry, what's a "spirit's" answer?

some details :

- The temp decrease when i climb normally

- +- 2-5 ° error ---->various error up to 5° (SAT off course)

- I judge nothing, i note:

If the metar used by fs (atis), as2004 or fsmeteo(metar displayed) is :

XXXX 250@15 10sm......19/9° and i have 170@1 4sm........15°

Please let us stick to FS default weather for now.

Are you saying that the ATIS is wrong or that the actual weather simulated is wrong, or something reported somewhere else is wrong, and in the latter two cases where are you reading this? In the FS weather dialogues, in WeatherSet, in a Shift+Z read-out, or where?

If you could please be very specific. Make a particular example. Say what you read where and why you think it is wrong, save the flight and send me the files I mentioned.

How can i correct the parameters ? : i close weather-addon and i change parameters in the FS weather interface. That's work for temp and wind but not systematically for visibility.

You "correct" them to what you believe is to be correct, from what source? I was not asking how you changed things in FS, but how you knew what was "correct" in the first place.

Sorry, but this is going in circles. If you want me to look at this I need very specific details, I cannot understand a lot of what you say. Please, for now, leave FSMeteo and ActiveSky out of it -- FSUIPC is obviously involved there and it gets too complicated. Since FSUIPC has absolutely no influence over FS2004 downloads (I really wish it could!) I need to understand what you are seeing there.

When you say "systematically" what does this mean in this context please? Are you saying you cannot even change the visibility in the FS weather dialogues? What happens? Do the figures in the dialogue not change, or only the screen, or both? If the dialogue changes but not the screen, are the figures reverted when you go back to the dialogue?

Regards,

Pete