The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 3.2.20

I am new at fs. I downloaded Dash8 (dh831004b) from Avesim. Stated that I needed the latest verison of FSUIPC for it to work in fs2004. I had an older verision in the modules folder and took it out. Installed the new version. I was going to use it as unregistered.

When I try to open fs2004 I get an error-9 message. Said to check FSUIPC.log file. When i do that it says it is not regestered. I then put the old file in and fs2004 works fine. Opened the modules box in fs to regester it. I get to where it asks for a key number and that is as far as I can go. Where do I go from here? I have read all the materal and checked the forum.

I am new at fs. I downloaded Dash8 (dh831004b) from Avesim. Stated that I needed the latest verison of FSUIPC for it to work in fs2004.

By "latest" it probably meant whatever version was current at that time. "Latest" is a very unfortinate choice of words as it is completely relative. It may want any version after some specific number, 3.xxx. This would be the case, for example, it is was using some item which was added in that specific version.

I had an older verision in the modules folder and took it out. Installed the new version. I was going to use it as unregistered.

When I try to open fs2004 I get an error-9 message.

"Error-9"? What's that please? I don't have any "error 9" messages in FSUIPC.

Said to check FSUIPC.log file. When i do that it says it is not regestered. I then put the old file in and fs2004 works fine.

An unregistered program won't stop FS from working "fine" in any case. The unregistered component will simply not function correctly, and its attempts to do so will slow FS down a little whilst FSUIPC continually tried to check its credentials.

The difference between FSUIPC 3.22 and earlier versions is that 3.22 is better at reporting the problem so that you are alert to it. Before that the component which was failing to get correct FSUIPC access would simply not work, and, worse, would certainly slow FS down somewhat. I received many queries about this sort of thing, so much so that I improved the reporting in 3.22 with the result you see.

In other words, the difference is only that you know about it with 3.22. Nothing is stopped, you can continue, but at least you know something isn't right.

Opened the modules box in fs to regester it. I get to where it asks for a key number and that is as far as I can go. Where do I go from here?

That depends upon what you are trying to do. Have you purchased a user key from SimMarket or someplace? If so all the instructions are in the email from them. If you are trying to just register a gauge or module or program instead, you need the program, gauge or module name and the Key to go with it. At least with FSUIPC 3.22 you can get the name from the Log file. If it is a freeware gauge or module with a Key listed in the Freeware Keys thread (near the top of this Forum), then you are all set. If not then you will need to either ask the author for a Key, or, if you can definitely confirm it is freeware, and the author is unlikely to object, you can apply for a Key -- giving all the details you can. Please see the freeware keys thread.

Regards,

Pete

I am new at fs. I downloaded Dash8 (dh831004b) from Avesim.

Just an afterthought. Is this possibly the same Dash 8 as discussed in the thread "FSUIPC 3.22 won't allow Fanda Dash 8"? If so, please check that thread -- the answer may well be there already.

Regards,

Pete

I am new at fs. I downloaded Dash8 (dh831004b) from Avesim.

Just an afterthought. Is this possibly the same Dash 8 as discussed in the thread "FSUIPC 3.22 won't allow Fanda Dash 8"? If so, please check that thread -- the answer may well be there already.

Regards,

Pete

Most likely. Don't know of any freeware Dash8 of any quality for FS2004. Of course the PSS Dash8 is also hosted at Avsim but most people will never know that as the download is handled through their installer which doesn't show the URL :)