The simFlight Network Forums

747-400 Overhead Electric Control Panel

Hello!

In my 747-400 Cokpit I am implementing the first parts of the Overhead logic. In addition I would have concerning a question the Electric control panel: Which condition (OFF/ON) do the "GEN CONT" Button lighting initially have, i.e. after Battery ON in the cold weather starting?

And detto the associated "DRIVE DISC" Button.

As per 747 check lists "GEN CONT" Button(s) after first pressing will go OFF and the "DRIVE DISC" on DRIVE. The "GEN CONT" Button will go to ON by pulling the starter switches I think. That the "GEN Cont" Button neither "ON" nor "OFF" does not burn, I think is not possible.

Anybody who can help?

In FSUIPC words, if I press ON on "GEN CONT", I write a 1 to $3B78, ON will be displayd by monitoring $3B7C for 1. (For engine 1)

If I press OFF on "GEN CONT", I write a 0 to $3B78 and LED OFF is iluminated. But after first press of ON on "GEN CONT" until I pull Engine (1) Start Button, what LEDS to iluminate because FS2004 writes a 1 to $3B7C a few seconds after pulling Start Button.

Thank you!

Peter Austria

If I press OFF on "GEN CONT", I write a 0 to $3B78 and LED OFF is iluminated. But after first press of ON on "GEN CONT" until I pull Engine (1) Start Button, what LEDS to iluminate because FS2004 writes a 1 to $3B7C a few seconds after pulling Start Button.

Unfortunately FS's jet starter combines the start function and the generator switch. The correct starter switches in Boeings would provide:

Ground (== start in FS)

Off (== off in FS)

Cont (continuous ignition, not provided in FS)

Flight (?)

The switch is spring-loaded away from Ground/Start (as in FS), but this gives "Off" in the real aircraft and "Gen" in FS. This is the problem. What you will need to do, in order to operate the generators separately, is to set the starter to "0" after starting, not allow it is default to "1". Just switch it to 1 when the generator is switched on. In fact you can do all this (for Engine 1, say) via offset 0892, you don't need the other offsets.

Regards,

Pete