The simFlight Network Forums

WideFS, FSUICP and FSAutoStart

I'm trying to configure (stop services) FSAutoStart by Ken Salter to work with FS2004, PM, and WideFS/FSUIPC. I'm curious if anyone can provide a list of Services that are needed by FS2004, FSUIPC, and WideFS.

I've tried to guess which Services to stop, but doing so caused sim connection and stability problems.

The Services list is quite long so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Richard

I'm curious if anyone can provide a list of Services that are needed by FS2004, FSUIPC, and WideFS.

I've tried to guess which Services to stop, but doing so caused sim connection and stability problems.

My programs don't explicitly use any Windows services that I'm aware of, but I suppose some are needed for basic things like linking to other PCs on the Network.

The Services list is quite long so any help would be appreciated.

Well, I hope you do get a list together -- it would be useful to anyone seeking maximum efficiency, especially under Windows XP which seems to have far too much going on all the time.

If you do find a list or get one put together, please post it somewhere nearby and let us know.

Regards,

Pete

I've read through the Viper site a few times. I don't believe Viper addresses WideFS, FSUIPC, or FS2004.

I had hoped users would post a list of Services which they specifically need when using WideFS, FSUIPC, and FS2004. From that maybe we could narrow it down to an absolute minimum. I do understand some Services are specific to each individuals setup.

Richard