The simFlight Network Forums

PFC dll feature request.

Pete,

I see that with the latest PFC.dll we can equalise close engine values for 2 engines. I have the PFC throttle quad that has the 4 throttles. While the 2 engine equalization works great now when I fly a two-engine jet (use the middle two throttles for two engine jets), when flying a 3 or 4 engine jet, it is very difficult to get the engine values the same. With the just released Dreamfleet 727 and the upcoming PMDG 744 and MD11, is there a way you can add a feature that will equalize close 3 and 4 engine values in a future update? Many thanks.

With the just released Dreamfleet 727 and the upcoming PMDG 744 and MD11, is there a way you can add a feature that will equalize close 3 and 4 engine values in a future update? Many thanks.

It is on my list. It's rather more complicated of course, and if not done carefully could give strange results. I think what I might do, rather than try to match all 3 or 4 engines, is match engines as follows:

For 3 engines: only 1 and 3. Let 2 do what it wants.

For 4 engines: 1 and 4, and 2 and 3, but separately.

This would keep things balanced without the chance of it going haywire because one out of 3 or 4 is doing its own thing.

I've been too busy with FSUIPC and WideFS to do much on the PFC driver in the last few months, but I place to look at it again in January.

Regards,

Pete

Along these lines, also an option to map one lever to throttles 1+3 would be helpful for 3-engined birds. Right now with a 2-throttle quad, you have to do 1+2 and 3.

Hmmm. I don't see the point. What would be the use of a separate control for 2, losing the separate ones for 1 and 3? For differential thrust (assisting ground steering, and engine problems) you need separate control over 1 and 3, surely. This is why it is implemented that way.

Next you'll be asking for 1+4 and 2+3 on a 4-engined aircraft! Uh?

Regards,

Pete

Hi Pete;

Actually, the takeoff thrust setting on the 727's center engine is always a tad higher than 1 & 3 because the bleeds are shut off on that engine.

Use of asymmetric thrust to aid in ground handling on a jet with tail mounted engines isn't particularly useful. Anyway, absent abrnomal circumstances, having the two outboards slaved together and the center separated does make some sense.

Cheers