The simFlight Network Forums

Disappearing/Freezing Planes

Peter,

About 2 months ago or so, I downloaded your 3.44 version of FSUIPC to be compatible with the FS9 Update. When I did that and installed it, I began to have problems with aircraft just freezing in one position after 5 minutes.

I'm not running the fully registered version, but I have put in the key for Squawkbox. The reason I bring this problem here is because this all began right after I installed the FSUIPC. For over a year, I've never had a problem, until I installed the 3.44 version.

I know it isn't SB, because I've reinstalled that, went to the old default CSL files, and then finally I also reinstalled FS9. If you have an older version of FSUIPC I could have to try and see if this is the problem, I would greatly appreciate it. That or whatever other solution you might have to keep from resorting to that. Thanks.

About 2 months ago or so, I downloaded your 3.44 version of FSUIPC to be compatible with the FS9 Update. When I did that and installed it, I began to have problems with aircraft just freezing in one position after 5 minutes.

Actually version 3.44 was released the week before Christmas, so it isn't one month old yet.

There is a facility included in FSUIPC to keep the aircraft flying normaly, but maintain its geographical position (latitude/longitude). It is documented in the History document (see item 2 for 3.44, either in the History document in your FSUIPC ZIP, or in the "recent changes" Announcement at the top of this forum).

It is a facility specifically requested for use in professional pilot training simulations, where, for instance, various attitudes and aircraft parameters can be experimetnated with in an approach position, or whatever.

This facility is not activated at all by FSUIPC itself, but by one or other of the methods indicated there.

If the description of this "position freeze" facility matches what you are seeing, then it sounds like something you are running is writing to the control byte for this facility: the section

For program control, write a non-zero values to the one byte offset 3541. This acts as a timer - the freeze will last for as long as this byte is non-zero. It is used as a time, counting down 1 every timer tick of 55 mSecs or so.

would be relevant. You could check this by enabling IPC write logging in FSUIPC (Logging options tab) and searching the resulting Log for "3541", or possible something which includes the offset 3541 in a larger write. The log should also help identify the culprit.

If you do this and want help with analysing the log, ZIP it up and send it to me at petedowson@btconnect.com.

Regards,

Pete