The simFlight Network Forums

Hi all!

Just dropping in to say hello and congrats on the new forum..

And thank you Pete for your awesome contributions to the community! I am glad you are working on a donation plan - I would love to help contribute to your further FS development and I'm sure thousands and thousands of others feel the same way!

-Damian

Hello there!

Glad to see a new forum set up for you Pete! I will try to visit regularly and stay up to date, your continuous development makes it a requirement and never ceases to amaze me!

Let us know when the donation system is ready please, I want to be the first to contribute for the years of use of your programs and modules!

Thank you!

Pete,

Congrats on the new forum. Also, I'd like to say that the latest WideFS and FSUIPC coupled with Project Magenta is working veerrry smoothly on my hosts. I'm really enjoying your contributions.

I also will be standing by to contribute a donation to further your work.

Best regards,

-Michael

Guest LarryJ_KMSO

Count me in too Pete. Your efforts definitely deserve some sort of remuniation. I can Pay Pal, Visa, send you a check. Just let me know.

Larry J

Florence, MT

Hi Peter,

Congratulations with the new Support Forum.

A good occasion to thank you for all that you contribute to the joy of Flightsimming.

I'm using four of your programs, FSUIPC, WideFS, FstarRC, and Advdisplay, and flying without would not be the same.

The Contributions-page works like a breeze and I would call on everyone using your programs to consider sending you a contribution under the motto:

"Put your money where your module is"

:lol:

Jaaky Krant

• 2 weeks later...

Mr.Dowson should have started a forum like this ages ago. Similarly, Peter should have started selling his work for a fair price long ago. Few people outside of this forum realize how totally helpless they would be without Peter's work. Recently, I installed an older, earlier version of FSUIPC by mistake. It wreaked havoc on FS2002, you must have a good recent version of FSUIPC. All my recent add-ons depend on the best versions of FSUIPC.

It is quite unfortunate, but, in my opinion, a "donation" system will not work. Yes, it is true that there are those who will donate and donate well, but it will not be enough and there will always be those who abuse the donation system by donating $1 or worse yet enter a donation of zero. I'm sorry, but if you have the $$ to buy FS2002 and the various addons, you have the $$ to donate substantially more than $1.

I myself am mulling over what to donate and I plan on making a substantial contribution to Mr.Dowson's work as a donation, but I fully support a payware system, in fact I think it would be a big mistake not to make FSUIPC Payware, a yearly subscription in fact for as long as Peter chooses to churn out FSUIPC and it's companion products. FSUIPC is not an option, it is a MUST. I personally consider it #2 next to FS2002 itself and believe me, we all will be shelling out the $50.00 + for the next version of FS, Mr.Dowson similarly needs to be reimbursed for his substantial contribution to FS. Thank you Mr.Dowson.

Randy Jura, KPDX