The simFlight Network Forums

extracting variables from microsoft flight sim 2002

Hi,

I hope someone out there can help me

How do I extract the variables form microsoft flight sim 2002?

I need to extract variables such as altitude, pitch angle, roll angle, heading, etc...

Is there a way of doing this using the FSUIPC.dll????

I'm new to all this so any help would be much appreciated.

Yes you can do it using FSUIPC but you will need programming skills if you want to sue the information in an external program. You will also need the FSUIPC programmers SDK which is on Pete's web page http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

You should ask questions about FSUIPC in the Peter Dowson Support Forum which is lower down the forum list on simFlight

Thanks Scruffyduck,

I have dowloaded Pete's FSUIPC.dll file and also the FSUIPC programmers SDK which includes FS Interrogate, and I have managed to extract variables using this program.

I am now trying to see how the UIPCHello program works, the exe files seems to work fine but the .cpp file does not compile, therefore I can't make any ammendments to it in order to get different variables out.

Bearing in mind I have no C++ programming skills whatsover so am kind of relying on modifying the UIPCHello program rather than writing my own.

I'm also hoping to pick up enough C++ skills on the way to have a basic understanding of what is going on.

What I am trying to do is read in the variables, convert them to ARINC 429 words and re-transmit them to some avionics equipment (Displays, and Flight management computer), the variables I am trying to extract are position, attitude and air data variables (Pitch, Roll, heading, etc...)

If you have any experience in this field, or have any more advice to offer, I would be more than grateful.

I am now trying to see how the UIPCHello program works, the exe files seems to work fine but the .cpp file does not compile, therefore I can't make any ammendments to it in order to get different variables out.

What .cpp file is that then? I only know the .c one. I don't use C++ at all.

Regards,

Pete