The simFlight Network Forums

Elite Throttles makes USB port to shut down!

When flying FS2004 my Elite MEL Throttle Quandrant is making the USB port to shut down with error code 43. Sometimes I can play in servel hours before the port is shut down by Windows XP, but mostly it happent just a few minutes after FS2004 is started. I have a (D-Link) USB hub with 8 inlets. FSUIPC.dll v.3,47 is controlling the quandrant. What should I do :?: (Both the Hub and the throttles are brand new :!: )

When flying FS2004 my Elite MEL Throttle Quandrant is making the USB port to shut down with error code 43.What should I do :?: (Both the Hub and the throttles are brand new :!: )

In that case it would be best to get support from your suppliers or from Elite.

Sorry, but I know nothing about Elite, USB or hubs. It is nothing to do with FS or FSUIPC. Maybe you have windows power management operating and shutting off the USB power to conserve power?

Pete

Correct windows power management tries to shut down all things not needed does the same with my external USB hub

Maybe you have windows power management operating and shutting off the USB power to conserve power

Thanks for your replies. But my power management is set standart, and it is always only the USB port, the Elite-device is pluged in to, that is stoped. When I switch to different port, this port will be stoped shortly hereafter! I think the answer lies in the Error-Code 43, but I don't know what that means!

When I go to my Controle Panel (Windows), System, Hardware and then Management Console, I can see the status of all the USB-ports of the external D-Link. The attachment is a screen dump so you can see some details. Text is in Danish but is translated: "Windows stoped this device because it reported a fault (Code 43)"

Pete, I will contact Elite too. I just want to hear your expertise first.

post-7325-128689104893_thumb.jpg

When I go to my Controle Panel (Windows), System, Hardware and then Management Console, I can see the status of all the USB-ports of the external D-Link. The attachment is a screen dump so you can see some details. Text is in Danish but is translated: "Windows stoped this device because it reported a fault (Code 43)"

Pete, I will contact Elite too. I just want to hear your expertise first.

Well, I've no expertise in that area, but it looks to me like it has got to be either a faulty device, or (possibly more likely) a bad driver!

I've had trouble with FTDI drivers before -- they emulate a serial port on a USB link -- and they were fixed by downloading a more up to date version. The sympton was a dying device as well, it would work for so long then stop. I think the drivers supplied were Win98/Me really -- the same ones were fine on a machine running Win98SE. For WinXP I had to find newer drivers.

Try http://www.ftdichip.com.

Regards,

Pete

Well, updating the driver didn't work. But I think it had something to do with the current in the USB Hub. Because when connecting the throttles directly into the computer, I solved the problem :!: . Elite said this quadrant need min. 350 W but over 400 W would be best. I don't know how to modify that, but it dosen't matter now. Thank you all for your help. :)

Well, updating the driver didn't work. But I think it had something to do with the current in the USB Hub. Because when connecting the throttles directly into the computer, I solved the problem

Sounds like the hub wasn't powered? Powered hubs have their own connection to your electricity supply. So-called self-powered hubs rely on power from the PC and are only suitable for very simple devices.

Elite said this quadrant need min. 350 W but over 400 W would be best.

They must be milliwatts (mW) -- 400 Watts is more power than your whole PC will be taking!

Anyway, I'm glad you solved the problem.

Regards,

Pete