The simFlight Network Forums

Linking each throttle with CH Throttle

I'm wondering if it's possible to link all 4 throttles when they are at about the same positions. I keep calibrating the CH Throttle but they all have their own ideas about what position they are in. This leads to very interesting landings when I'm flying a 4 engine airplane and each engine is a little higher or lower power wise... Is there a way to keep all 4 throttles at the same number as long as they are near each other power wise? I tried the link option checkbox but that won't let me use the reversers for some reason... Can someone help? Thank you

-Alex

I'm wondering if it's possible to link all 4 throttles when they are at about the same positions... Is there a way to keep all 4 throttles at the same number as long as they are near each other power wise?

Check the "Throttle Sync" hot key, on the FSUIPC hot keys page. It is documented in the User guide in the Hot Keys section under the bold sub-title "Throttle Sync".

Pete

Hi Al,

If you're using the CM, one thing that might help is the way you calibrate. When it tells you to push the levers all the way forward, do that. Then look and see if any of them show "0" in the Raw Data display at that point. If any of them do, pull those back a little until they show "1" or "2" or so. Next, note the lever that's the furthest back and pull the other levers back until they line up with that one physically before you click to register the calibration point. You could probably pull this off in the Windows calibration screen if you looked at the raw data value, too, but you'd need to do them one at a time.

If none of the levers goes to "0" at full forward, then there's nothing to be gained from all this, just calibrate as normal.

Best regards,

- Bob

The StickWorks

http://www.stickworks.com