The simFlight Network Forums

Master Warning/Caution Lights

I want to have two LED's that will illuminate when the Master Warning and Master Caution lights turn On and Off on the FS9 King Air 350 panel. The LEDs will be in a real instrument panel.

Does andyone know how to capture the condition of the Master Warning and Master Caution display lights? I have looked through all the Offsets but saw nothing related to panel lights. I suspect the offsets are for "switch" conditions.

Regards,

Richard

Does andyone know how to capture the condition of the Master Warning and Master Caution display lights? I have looked through all the Offsets but saw nothing related to panel lights.

I think the relevant gauges must light the indicators according to the current conditions which set them. I can find no sign of any specific Master Caution or Warning lights.

You will probably have to check each condition which will set these and set your LEDs appropriately. FS itself doesn't really model many of the subsystems which contribute in any case -- in my 737NG cockpit I use PMsystems (from Project Magenta) to simulate most of them and also set the annunciators ("six pack" on a 737) and Master lights correctly.

Regards,

Pete

• 11 months later...

In your diggings through FSX, have you noticed offset values for the annunciator lights? Curious if we now have access to those light states.

Not really looked. In the gauges which display these things they would normally be derived from an assortment of conditions, which of course should be shown on the six-packs and overhead. All the more advanced panels do their own logic here, just as I do for PFC.DLL and pmSystems does for Project Magenta cockpits.

[Later]

No, I don't see anything relevant in the lists of accessible variables for SimConnect. Best thing to check, when you get FSX, is the XML source for the gauges, assuming any of the default panels actually operate the annunciators. You should be able to see the logic used and variables accessed. To be honest I don't use FS panels (or any panels at all really) so I don't know if there are any default ones which do all this.

Regards,

Pete