The simFlight Network Forums

Ch Yoke USB levers assignment

I'm a register user of FSUIPC and I'm using Mdmax Pro and a CH Yoke Usb.

I use the three throttle levers for the usual throttle, pitch and fuel condition levelrs. The left and right engines are usually controlled simultaneously by the first one lever.

My dream is assigne the first to the throttle L eng, the second to R engine and the third to incremental spoilers extra/retraction (or eventually only all out/all in ,if not supporteb by addon)

In addition could be a solution 1° R/L engine, 2° spoilers , 3° gear up/down

Do you think it's possible?

Thanks

Paolo

My dream is assigne the first to the throttle L eng, the second to R engine and the third to incremental spoilers extra/retraction

Why dream? You can do that easily already in FS Options-Controls-Assignments. You don't even need FSUIPC for such straight-forward assignments.

In addition could be a solution 1° R/L engine, 2° spoilers , 3° gear up/down. Do you think it's possible?

Not at present, because the Gear is only controlled by switches not axes. But it will be possible in a forthcoming version of FSUIPC. I am implementing axis assignment in FSUIPC, with the possibility of sending controls from axes too, and all optionally aircraft-specific so that you can have different joystick assignments for different aircraft, as you can now with the button and key facilities.

Regards,

Pete

I have a CH Yoke and when I updated to FSUIPC 3.53 the prop lever and mixture lever are reversed. ( mixture lever works the props). In the CH control manager they are correct. Thank you.

Carl

Sorry, but I think you are rather confused. FSUIPC 3.53 does not assign axes at all, that is done in FS -- go to Options-Controls-Assignments and check the FS settings. FSUIPC only does final calibrations, completely optionally. Do not use it first, get it working in FS first.

Pete

Hi Carlscottco,

I'm not sure exactly why the update to FSUIPC would have affected things at all, but the Control Manager actually does swap two of the levers. It doesn't really have anything to do with Flight Sim, it's just a result of the axis ordering that the CM uses to maintain rudder compatibility with Windows 98. If those assignments appear correct, then it could be that you reversed the assignments earlier with the FS Control Assignments dialog. Another possibility is that you're using (or have used) CMFS. If so, it makes the swap in Devices.cfg so that the Yoke coming out of the Control Manager matches up with the assignments that FS makes for the yoke coming out of Windows. If that's the case then you would need to keep the Control Manager running or go back to a stock copy of Devices.cfg. Or you could just reassign things in the FS Controls Assignments dialog.

Best regards,

- Bob

The StickWorks

http://www.stickworks.com