The simFlight Network Forums

how to use the CH Throttle for the PMDG 747 and a Twin?

Yes.. I have the CH Throttle using FSUIPC configured for a twin.

But I want to configure it differently for the PMDG 744 since it has four engines. I want the middle 4 levers as throttles.

Can this be configured diffferntly just for one single aircraft wihtout disturbing the twin configuration for all other aircrafts?

If so, how do I do that?

I tried selecting airplane specific (I know there was a select option there), but it still only recognize the first two levers as throttles... not the third lever.

hmmm...

:shock:

thanks.

Manny

Can this be configured diffferntly just for one single aircraft wihtout disturbing the twin configuration for all other aircrafts?

Not at present, as the assignment of functions to your levers is done in FS, not in FSUIPC.

But I am currently working on facilities in FSUIPC to make assignments completely independently of FS. Such facilities have been on my "list of things to do" for some time, but have only just reached the top. They will certainly be able to be set as "aircraft specific".

With the new facilities you will actually be able to switch FS's joystick facilities off altogether and use only FSUIPC to assign axes and buttons, and do the calibrations, and all of this can be for all aircraft or be specific for each individual aircraft or group of similarly named aircraft.

I hope to provide a test version of FSUIPC with these facilities, for general Beta testing via this forum, within the month of February, so keep an eye on the top announcements here.

Regards,

Pete

Yes.. I have the CH Throttle using FSUIPC configured for a twin.

But I want to configure it differently for the PMDG 744 since it has four engines. I want the middle 4 levers as throttles.

If so, how do I do that?

I tried selecting airplane specific (I know there was a select option there), but it still only recognize the first two levers as throttles... not the third lever.

hmmm...

:shock:

thanks.

Manny

Hi.. i recommend using the CH control manager v4.0 ( http://www.ch-hangar.com ) , and the CMFS utility by Bon Church ( http://www.stickworks.com )

Theese utilities make different joy setup with FS real easy. Set up correctly and you never have to enter the joystick assignements from inside FS2004 ever again...

Freddy