The simFlight Network Forums

How to assign Throttle 1&2 to Lever1 and 3&4 to Leve

I was told on the AVSIM cockpt forum that that I can assign Two throttles in 1 lever.... This way I can fly the 4 engines with two levers.

How do I do that?

I am on tab 'Joysticks'-->3 of 11 Seperate throttles per engine

I see Throttle 1....Throttle 4

I see box for 'filter' . Don't know what that is.

I see a box rev..don't know what that is.

I see a box for Exclude THROTTLEn SET. Don't know what that is.

OK..When I toggle the Set/Reset button..I get the Map 1->12, 2->3 under the Throttle 3 and Throttle 4

All I can do is select them...but how do I say...sync it to a specific throttle?

I know how to assign 1 lever for all four engines. but I want to assign two throttles to each levers.

Manny

I see box for 'filter' . Don't know what that is.

I see a box rev..don't know what that is.

I see a box for Exclude THROTTLEn SET. Don't know what that is.

Don't you have the documentation? Please go to http://www.schiratti.com/dowson and download FSUIPC.ZIP. Inside you will find all the information you could possibly need.

Please come back here if you still don't understand what to do, but I am sure you will find it easier with some explanation before you! ;-)

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete.

I do have it and I did look at it before I came here.

I see in page 31 (MS Word - User Guide). where the

"THROTTLE1_SET

THROTTLE2_SET

THROTTLE3_SET

THROTTLE4_SET

"

"–4096 (full reverse*) via 0 (idle) to +16384 (full forward). All four are operated together if you map a single axis assigned to AXIS_THROTTLE_SET to these.

Since FS2002 these are replaced by those with the AXIS_ prefix. FSUIPC handles both identically, except when calibrating the 4 axes separately, where there’s now an option to only process the new AXIS_ ones. This option is useful for those aircraft panels which themselves use the older controls for “fly-by-wire” type operation.

* The actual negative value for “full reverse” is defined in the aircraft parameters (the .AIR file). Since version 2.975 FSUIPC has calibrated reverse to match the aircraft, so you will see different values here, not just the nominal ‘–4096’.

'

---------------------------------------------------------------

Then I saw something called "compund button" in the advanced users.doc. don't know if that is the way to go.

Hmmmm.....

The I saw this.

"• A similar facility is available for flying 3-engined aircraft with two levers. In this case the first lever controls both engines 1 and 2, and the second one controls engine 3. Follow the same calibrations as in the previous instance, but then check the option “Map 1->12, 2->3”. This mapping only occurs when a 3-engined aircraft is loaded. This facility also applies to the mixture and propeller pitch levers."

I got that to work.. meaning.. Lever one controlled Throttle 1 and 2...but when I move Lever 2, that moves throttle 2 and Throttle 3.. I think.. If I assign it to thorttle 3. Then I have three engines controled with these two levers.. How do I get the throttle 4 in?

Hmmm....

:D

The I saw this.

"• A similar facility is available for flying 3-engined aircraft with two levers. In this case the first lever controls both engines 1 and 2, and the second one controls engine 3. Follow the same calibrations as in the previous instance, but then check the option “Map 1->12, 2->3”. This mapping only occurs when a 3-engined aircraft is loaded. This facility also applies to the mixture and propeller pitch levers."

I got that to work.. meaning.. Lever one controlled Throttle 1 and 2...but when I move Lever 2, that moves throttle 2 and Throttle 3.. I think.. If I assign it to thorttle 3. Then I have three engines controled with these two levers.. How do I get the throttle 4 in?

Please cast your eye back one paragraph from the one you mention here and actually got working. The facility to which that is "similar to" is the one described just above it, which is precisely what you want. How did you miss it? Even if you scan the paragraphs in some random order, didn't the words "a similar facility" strike you as possibly referring to something just mentioned at all? ;-)

Even looking at the screen itself, didn't the legend "Map 1->12, 2->34" seem relevant to your needs at all? Try it.

Pete

Hmmm....

:D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Pete.

Sorry for the late reply. I was away for a week, I just got back yesterday.

Well here is the deal.

I got it working.

The confusion was,

1. When I click on that 1=12, 2 = 34 and then test the throttle while I am in the FSUIPC joystick tab page3, it does not work. The lever 1 moves throttle 1 and 2. But the lever 2 moves throttle 2 and throttle 4. Only when I get out completely and try it out with an airplane, it works fine. Does that make sense?

2. I didn't understand 1=12 (twelve) and 2=34 (twenty four) meant. I may have understood it if it were 1=1,2 and 2= 3,4. :)

Well anyway.. Now everything is fine.

Thanks

Manny

1. When I click on that 1=12, 2 = 34 and then test the throttle while I am in the FSUIPC joystick tab page3, it does not work. The lever 1 moves throttle 1 and 2. But the lever 2 moves throttle 2 and throttle 4.

It is on the 4 throttles page that you calibrate your separate throttles. You only have two of those -- 1 and 2. Just calibrate them , first. When you are happy with the calibration, then simply click the 1->12, 2->34 option and finish. You do not calibrate 3 and 4 (you haven't got them) and you do not need to worry about them. If you followed the steps as documented this would not have confused you. This is part of the purpose of documentation, to keep things clear!

2. I didn't understand 1=12 (twelve) and 2=34 (twenty four) meant. I may have understood it if it were 1=1,2 and 2= 3,4. :)

But you only had to read the paragraph in the documentation BEFORE the one you quoted here earlierI don't understand why you ignored that when it described exactly what you needed.

These facilities have been in FSUIPC now for many years, and this is the first time I am aware of anyone thinking that those 12, 34 notations meant twelve and thirty-four! I wonder how I might accomplish that? ;-)

Anyway, I'm glad you have got it working as you wanted now.

Regards,

Pete