The simFlight Network Forums

CH Throttle set up

Can anyone help, I am trying to set up this throttle quadrant to run on FS2004 with the Pro B707. I have calibrated the throttles but can't get full thrust and it tends to drop off with altitude. I would also like to get reverse thrust set up. :?

Make sure none of your other attached controllers has a throttle set up. I know that at one time when I first attached my rudder pedals, one of the axis had been assigned to the throttle automatically which will cause this kind of behavior. Also, if you have a joystick with a throttle on it, disable that item as that will also cause this to happen, even if you don’t touch it. If you don’t want to disable it, turn the sensitivity all the way down and the null zone all the way up.

Good Luck,

LouP 8)

Can anyone help, I am trying to set up this throttle quadrant to run on FS2004 with the Pro B707. I have calibrated the throttles but can't get full thrust and it tends to drop off with altitude. I would also like to get reverse thrust set up. :?

to clarify this a bit more, I have downloaded the CH Control manager and FSUIPC and it is on FSUIPC that I am having problems understanding the set up. Has anyone got simple step by step instructions, I'm not daft but neither am I a computer programmer!

I have downloaded the CH Control manager and FSUIPC and it is on FSUIPC that I am having problems understanding the set up. Has anyone got simple step by step instructions, I'm not daft but neither am I a computer programmer!

There are simple step-by-step instructions for FSUIPC in the documentation. Please just download the FSUIPC.ZIP file from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson and look at the main document, the User guide. The josysticks section has a series of easy numbered steps for calibration. There's actually nothing simpler, and there are certainly no computer programmes to be written. (Even if you were daft I can assure you that plenty of apparently daft folks have used the facilities before now with no problems! ;-) ).

What may be confusing you is trying to use both CH's control manager AND FSUIPC. I'm pretty sure it can be done, but they are not designed to work together at all and it will probably make life more difficult for you if you try.

I don't know the CH hardware nor the Control Manager, but Bob "Sticky" Church produced some helpful documentation over on his website, http://www.stickworks.com. I think the file you want is called CMNote02.zip.

As far as FSUIPC is concerned, please bear in mind that the Joystick Calibration part of it is meant as a final, more accurate, "finisher". You should get things mostly working in FS using the normal calibrations first. Excepting the new axis assignment facilities (only in the Interim Versions released above at present), all the facilities actually work on FS controls, not on the joysticks themselves.

Regards,

Pete

HI Vaughn

You may benefit from a visit to www-ch-hangar.com, what you describe has been discussed there. Check out my guide on how to set up the quadrant on that site and also make sure that all axes and buttons assignments in FS2004 have been made correctly and you have the sensitivity for ALL 6 axes set over fully to the right and the null zone for ALL 6 axes set over fully to the left (you have to pan down in FS2004 to see all 6 settings) I use Pete Dowson's FSUIPC to "fine tune" my settings after using CHCM to calibrate them.

Regards

PeterH

Thanks for that Pete, I'll give that a go. I have printed endless pages of various "easy" instructions but it all seems like gobbledegook.

So far I have all four throttles working, but I have to wriggle the right lever to acheive the final movement of full throttle( moves all four forward a fraction) then when they are back at the detent position they will all go into reverse thrust( aft of the detent )if I wriggle the left lever.

By wriggle I mean moving it back and forward several times by about one inch.

Sounds clever, but I have no idea how I've acheived this or if I am nearly there!

I assume that thousands of you out there are flying normally with a full throttle range and a simple pull back aft of the detent to acheive reverse thrust ! Perhaps a few could confirm this, especially if your using the Pro B707.

... I have to wriggle the right lever to acheive the final movement of full throttle( moves all four forward a fraction) then when they are back at the detent position they will all go into reverse thrust( aft of the detent )if I wriggle the left lever. By wriggle I mean moving it back and forward several times by about one inch.

There should be no interaction between your separate levers whatsoever. That sounds suspiciously like a hardware problem. Ask in the CH forum.

Regards

Pete