The simFlight Network Forums

Reverse thrust with button

Hello,

I have read the manual but I am stilll confused as how to set up a reverse thust;

I have 2 throttles ( E1, E2) and have two reverse thrust levers that are triggered via buttons.One for each engine. I see in the calibration section the area for calibrating reverse thrust if you have a joystix axis (potentiometer) but I would like to trigger the reverse with a button sytem if possible.

Can this be done?

Polmer

... I would like to trigger the reverse with a button sytem if possible.

Program the buttons to send either F2 keystrokes (one button all engines) or THROTTLEn DECR controls. For the latter, enable repeat. You would have to reduce throttles to idle, then hold the button down, just like holding the F2 key down.

Pete

Ok,

I have the seperate reverse thrust buttons mapped to throttle 1 decr, throttle 2 decr and they seen to be in working order, but I have one more question for you.

I would like to have the throttle return to idle after releasing the reverse thrusters. I have found the option to set the throttle to "10" ( and this did work) after releasing the reversers,but I cant find the option to set throttle to idle. Did I over look it?

Thanks,

Polmer

I would like to have the throttle return to idle after releasing the reverse thrusters. I have found the option to set the throttle to "10" ( and this did work) after releasing the reversers,but I cant find the option to set throttle to idle. Did I over look it?

I think it will be "ThrottleN cut" -- try it. You can program that on the button release. If not that then just use "ThrottleN set" with a parameter of 0.

Regards,

Pete

Thanks Pete,

The throttle cut works like a charm, and everything is now in working order...........but,.................. can I ask one more question?

On most/all jet throttle quadrants (say a boeing, 747) there are 2 -4 fuel cut-off switches on th bottom. I have my switches there ready to go, but I cannot find any "fuel cut off" (1-4) options in the FSUIPC button dropdown.

Is it called something else?

Sorry for being a pest, but I am very green to all this, but trying to learn.

Polmer

I have my switches there ready to go, but I cannot find any "fuel cut off" (1-4) options in the FSUIPC button dropdown.

Is it called something else?

As documented in FS's own help, the mixture lean/rich operates the jet fuel switches.

Pete

I think it will be "ThrottleN cut" -- try it. You can program that on the button release. If not that then just use "ThrottleN set" with a parameter of 0.

Regards,

Pete

Hi,

Has anyone determined which is better, ThrottleN cut or ThrottleN set with a parameter of 0?

Many thanks,

Matthew

I have tested this and have found that the ThrottleN set does not work in my set up but theThrottleN cut works perfectly.

I am however having trouble with adjusting the trottles? I can not get the throttles to be fully idle and in the down position. Also, when they are moved toward the top of the range the reverse thrusters start.

I am not clear as to what the range and center settings should be? I have read the manual but it seems a bit unclear to me. I am sure I am just missing something so a little help would be appreciated.

Matthew

The problem I seem to be having now is that I can not get the throttle to the lowest idle point without reversing the engines.

You need to calibrate with a wider zone for idle! ALWAYS allow more space than you think, as no joystick prodcues 100% consistent values.

Pete