The simFlight Network Forums

No FSX Flight Plan Display in pmRJ Nav Display

Sorry for posting here Pete but I'm out of ideas and so are others.

I have no problems displaying saved FS9 flight plans in the pmRJ nav display. I have not been able to display saved FSX flight plans in the pmRJ nav display.

I removed sharing from FS9 "Flight Simulator Files". Selected "Flight Simulator X Files" and enabled "Shasre THis Folder On The Network" and "Allow Network Users To Change My Files" ( both boxes have a check mark). I called the sharing folder FSPLANS.

I start FSX and load a saved FSX flight plan. Let FSX stabalize. Start WideClient and pmRJ. Change the range of the nav display but do not see a flight plan track.

I checked everything using PMCheckFile. Everything reports ok, except for a FSUIPC/WideFS mismatch. I'm loading the last saved FSX flight plan or creating a new one. Either way nothing.

I was asked to ensure that My Documents Folder was not marked as Private. I did not understand this since you can't check the Private box and still share files and folders. If you check "Make This Folder Private", it grays out the Sharing boxes. If you check to share, the Private box is grayed out.

Any ideas? Other than I'm using FSX!

Richard

I have not been able to display saved FSX flight plans in the pmRJ nav display.

FSX flight plans are in a completely new XML format. Has Enrico published a revised version of his software to handle XML plans?

This is 100% a question for PM support by the way. I really cannot answer for PM.

Regards

Pete

I have not been able to display saved FSX flight plans in the pmRJ nav display.

FSX flight plans are in a completely new XML format. Has Enrico published a revised version of his software to handle XML plans?

I just checked. Build 80 of the pmRJ (18th November) supports FSX XML flight plans, according to the release notes. So does the latest Boeing CDU build, so I shall be able to try it here when I get a moment! :-)

Regards

Pete

Your report on FSX flight plans and pmBoeing would be appreciated. I have been able to see the flight plan waypoint stars but not the track line from one star to the next. Enrico has assured me we will figure it out.

Okay. Feeling a lot better today! ;-)

It's working fine with the Boeing suite (CDU + PFD/ND) -- the CDU displays the legs and the ND shows the magenta route line as well as the waypoints. The problem must be specific to the pmRJ package. Sorry I can't help with that.

Regards

Pete