The simFlight Network Forums

WideClient Control of GoFlight Units

Hi Pete,

Due to lack of software support from GoFlight, I decided to try using FSUIPC to control a GF unit connected to a client. If I understand the doc file correctly, it is possible to configure a client connected GF unit with FSUIPC.

As per the doc, I installed a copy of the GFDev.dll (dated 5 Nov 2006) into my WideClient folder located on the client computer. With FSX running, when I launch WideClient I get this error:

WideClient FS98 Eliminator - Connected: WideClient.exe - Unable to Locate a Component.

This application has failed to start because MSVCR71.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this.

I did a search and found the MSVCR71.dll file in two places.

C:\Windows|System32\URTTemp

C:\Windows\Microsoft.net\Framework\V1.1.4322

If I remove the GFDev.dll file, the error does not appear.

I'm using FSX, FSUIPC 4.065, and WideClient 6.712.

Regards,

Richard

WideClient FS98 Eliminator - Connected: WideClient.exe - Unable to Locate a Component.

This application has failed to start because MSVCR71.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this.

I did a search and found the MSVCR71.dll file in two places.

C:\Windows|System32\URTTemp

C:\Windows\Microsoft.net\Framework\V1.1.4322

If I remove the GFDev.dll file, the error does not appear.

Ah. This is a problem with GoFlight's latest GFDev.DLL package then. That's a blow.

Certainly it should be okay if you put a copy of that MSVCR71.DLL into either the WideClient folder or the Windows\System32 folder, but that will only solve it for you. GoFlight need to be made aware that they are using a library that isn't on everyone's system. Can you report it to their Support too please? I'll tell them as well.

I may put the older version of GFDev.DLL up in the downloads area above as well for now -- I only just put the latest up today!

Regards

Pete

Ok, I'll make then aware. I can't promise they will read it since they are not responding to my emails.

As long as it is lodged with them. I've written direct to Mr. Nickless as well.

Meanwhile I will see if I can find the older version of GFDev.DLL and put this into the Announcements above as well, as an alternative solution.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

Appears to be working now. I placed a copy of MSVCR71.DLL into the WideFS folder. I'm now able to program networked GF buttons and rotaries with FSUIPC. No reply from GF yet after two emails.

I do need a pointer thought. I have looked a dozen times but I can not see a command, either stock FSX or PM, that will control the altimeter in the drop down box. I want to assign altimeter increment and decrement to a GF rotary. I have found a command for decision height but I can not see anything for altimeter. This under Key and Switches with FS and PM boxes checked.

Regards,

Richard

Appears to be working now. I placed a copy of MSVCR71.DLL into the WideFS folder. I'm now able to program networked GF buttons and rotaries with FSUIPC. No reply from GF yet after two emails.

I'm talking with Doyle Nickless about it. Don't worry further. I also found a slightly older version which doesn't need that DLL, and both are now provided in my Announcements above.

I do need a pointer thought. I have looked a dozen times but I can not see a command, either stock FSX or PM, that will control the altimeter in the drop down box. I want to assign altimeter increment and decrement to a GF rotary.

I assume you mean the pressure setting, also known as the "Kollsman window" after the first such altimeters made -- Kollsman is/was a German company. Microsoft seem to mis-spell this as Kohlsman, and the controls for it bear this name.

Whener you are in doubt over any control, use the keypress or mouse click for it after setting Event logging in the FSUIPC logging page. Then you will see from the Log what name that control has.

Regards

Pete