The simFlight Network Forums

Question about offset 330F WideFS Keysend

Good evening!

I am working with the feature of WideServer/Client/FSUIPT to send keystrokes from main PC(running FS9.1) to client PC(s) running pmmagenta and Wideclient. This feature works fine.

Now I want to send this keys if my Hardware is generating an event (e.g. closing a switch) This event is setting bits in the Area $330F and so on(17byte) which is documented in "FSUIPC for Programmers.doc". While I can observer bits changing here if I press the keys in FS (which are of course installed in FSUIPC for sendkey Widefs) I am not able to set and reset bits over FSUIPC in my own programmed interface.

Is this offsetarea ($330F/17) readonly?

Thanks for help

Peter

Austria

Now I want to send this keys if my Hardware is generating an event (e.g. closing a switch) This event is setting bits in the Area $330F and so on(17byte) which is documented in "FSUIPC for Programmers.doc". While I can observer bits changing here if I press the keys in FS (which are of course installed in FSUIPC for sendkey Widefs) I am not able to set and reset bits over FSUIPC in my own programmed interface.

Is this offsetarea ($330F/17) readonly?

It is reserved for use by WideFS for the KeySend facility. It does actually say that in the documentation. How it is used is not documented as it is only ever written by WideServer and read by WideClient.

I'm not sure why you are making all this so complicated. How are you programming this hardware? If you can program it to write to offsets, why not write direct to the PM offsets and control PM directly that way? It would be much more efficient!

If you can only program the setting of a single bit for each of your switches, make them Virtual Buttons -- set different bits in the offsets starting at 3340. Each bit is recognised in FSUIPC's "Buttons" options and there you can program for PM controls, PM offsets or, yes, if you really want to use keypresses still, KeySends. (But why use keyboard control when direct control is available?).

Regards

Pete

Thanks for answer

The reason why I want to do this is, that in 747-400 I should be able

to select the content of the lower EICAS (Normal lower eicas,

but could be ND or Upper Eicas too if any fault occours)

or also the content of the inbound CRT could be PFD, ND or EICAS.

In the 747 the switches are on the main panel located just in front of the pilot

and named "CRT Display Controls"

In my sim setup the PFD,ND is one PC, the upper EICAS is on a second PC, the lower

EICAS is on a third PC.

So lets say if I want to change the displayed item on the lower EICAS PC,

I have to press the F1, F2 F3key but only on the PC working as lower EICAS.

If I have to change the content of the inbound CRT of the Pilot I also have to

send F1, F2 or some other Fx key to the PC working as upper EICAS.

the pmoffset 04F4 didnt work, because it changes the display on all PC´s running the GC at the same time.

So I thougt to do this with the key send command from WideFS.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Peter

Austria

The reason why I want to do this is, that in 747-400 I should be able

to select the content of the lower EICAS (Normal lower eicas,

but could be ND or Upper Eicas too if any fault occours)

or also the content of the inbound CRT could be PFD, ND or EICAS.

In the 747 the switches are on the main panel located just in front of the pilot and named "CRT Display Controls"

Yes, I know about them. Are you saying PM doesn't provide any controls for these via its offsets? Have you checked?

the pmoffset 04F4 didnt work, because it changes the display on all PC´s running the GC at the same time.

What about 542A?

So I thougt to do this with the key send command from WideFS.

Well, you can of course use KeySend, but why not use it as it is designed. Why are you trying to bypass things and use 330F etc directly? I don't understand.

Pete

Yes I checkt pm offsets, they dont provide them (splitted for each PC) at the moment.

I tryed the offset 542A of course, but I am not able to differece between upper and lower EICAS display. I think I will ask enrico for this improvement.

So I will try to send the keystrokes to fs from my hardware, then they will be redirected

Thanks!

Peter

Yes I checkt pm offsets, they dont provide them (splitted for each PC) at the moment.

I tryed the offset 542A of course, but I am not able to differece between upper and lower EICAS display. I think I will ask enrico for this improvement.

Okay.

So I will try to send the keystrokes to fs from my hardware, then they will be redirected

Well using KeySend is a reasonable answer then. You will have no difficulty having different KeySends detected by different WideClients, even if they end up sending the same keystrokes locally.

But just don't try bypassing WideServer and changing 330F etc yourself. Either send the KeySend controls to FSUIPC via the facilities at offset 3110 -- check the numerical equivalents of the FSUIPC controls in the list in the FSUIPC Advanced Users guide -- or, as I suggesteed earlier on in this thread, use your hardware to operate the virtual buttons at offsets 3340 and the program them in FSUIPC itself.

Personally I've always thought the most flexible is always to make all your buttons and switches look like buttons and switches to FSUIPC too. Then you have complete flexibility in how you program them and you can do it whilst running FS.

Regards

Pete