The simFlight Network Forums

FS-interrogate2

hi pete,

I would like to ask you about what the FS-interrogate does. It is use just for checking variables or it could use to input other offset. Anything will happen if i put the FSUIPC.FSI into the msfs2004 modules folder? Cause i try to add in new offset and put into interrogate and save the FSUPIC.FSI and put in it the modules but nothing happen.

I would like to ask you about what the FS-interrogate does. It is use just for checking variables or it could use to input other offset.

It can be used for both reading and writing offsets. There are several ways provided to write data as well as read. The documentation is quite comprehensive I think, too.

Anything will happen if i put the FSUIPC.FSI into the msfs2004 modules folder?[\quote]

No, of course not. The FSI file is simply a data file, recording all of the information you see in FSInterrogate's windows. Without an FSI file FSInterrogate would be completely blank -- you'd have to edit all the offsets yourself to tell it which was what, and so forth.

The only place for the FSI file is next to the FSInterrogate program, in the same folder, so that when you run FSInterrogate it will be loaded.

Cause i try to add in new offset and put into interrogate and save the FSUPIC.FSI and put in it the modules but nothing happen.

FSInterrogate is an external program and can be run from any folder of your choice. Nothing "happens" automatically no matter where you put it. The FSI file will only be read when you run the program. Nothing else uses it.

What "new offset" are you adding? Have I missed one out? I thought I'd already added most -- maybe I've not yet added some of the very recent ones. If you need a full up-to-date copy I can send you one. Or are you simply adding details for third-party applications using FSUIPC offsets, like Project Magenta?

Regards

Pete

Hello Pete,

Thanks for your prompt and informative reply. I was trying to control the n1 gauge in the glass cockpit using a switch from pmsystem but when I try to use eng1 n1 offset $0898 to monitor the value,nothing happen. Hence, I've created an offset named E1N1 $562E and edited the variable under "see also" tab and include eng1 n1 offset $0898 in it. After that the E1N1 variable and i see an increase in

value under the "FSUIPC-Data" tab when i turn the switch on , nothing happened to the n1 in glass cockpit .

By the way, do I have to edit any config file for the FSI file to communicate with the Flight Simulator?

Thanks again Pete :D

Thanks for your prompt and informative reply. I was trying to control the n1 gauge in the glass cockpit using a switch from pmsystem

Control N1? N1 is a result, not a control. You control the engine with the throttle levers, the simulation computes the resulting N1, N2 and EGT figures. Even if FS allowed you to overwrite the computed value it would be changed again immediately on the next simulation cycle.

Hence, I've created an offset named E1N1 $562E and edited the variable under "see also" tab and include eng1 n1 offset $0898 in it.

Sorry, you've lost me. I've never used this "see also" tab. What do you think it will do? Surely it is only a documentary aid. It won't actually do anything in the sim. It is a note for you, the reader.

After that the E1N1 variable and i see an increase in

value under the "FSUIPC-Data" tab when i turn the switch on , nothing happened to the n1 in glass cockpit .

The PM glass cockpit program will be reading the Sim's N1 value, not yours. If you want it to display your value (why? Don't you want to know the real value?) you'd have to get Enrico to write you a special version of his program.

I really don't understand what you are trying to do. Are not not happy with the Sim's computation of N1? Surely the correct way to fix it, if so, is to work on the FS aircraft model, either via the Aircraft.CFG file or the .Air file?

By the way, do I have to edit any config file for the FSI file to communicate with the Flight Simulator?

The FSI file has nothing to do with Flight simulator at all, as I already explained. It is merely the data file for FSInterrogate, so it can show you in an easier explanatory fashion what you are looking at. FSInterrogate is a useful program for folks wishing to write FSUIPC application programs as it enables them to experiment and see what is happening, and also debug their programs. But it has nothing whatsoever to do with how Microsoft's simulators perform their simulation!

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thank for your reply. I was just trying to do a test switch for n1,n2,egt($08BE) and epr($O8BC). When i turned on the switch the EGT,EPR,N1 and N2 shld rise to the max limit. But right now i only able to make the EGT and EPR to rise.

Pete Dowson

{It can be used for both reading and writing offsets. There are several ways provided to write data as well as read. The documentation is quite comprehensive I think, too.}

Is it using the UIPC_SDK_C folder to write data by C program language?

Regard

ray

Thank for your reply. I was just trying to do a test switch for n1,n2,egt($08BE) and epr($O8BC). When i turned on the switch the EGT,EPR,N1 and N2 shld rise to the max limit. But right now i only able to make the EGT and EPR to rise.

I'm surprised you can do any of them -- what happens to the real value, coming from FS, then? Or is this without engines running?

Is this with FS9 or FSX?

Is it using the UIPC_SDK_C folder to write data by C program language?

You mean is FSInterrogate written in C? No, I think Pelle used Delphi.

Regards

Pete

I'm surprised you can do any of them -- what happens to the real value, coming from FS, then? Or is this without engines running?

Is this with FS9 or FSX?

Ya is without engine running. About the real value nothing really nothing. The glass cockpit didnt see any sign of fluctuating when i try to make EGT and EPR to the max.

I with FS9

You mean is FSInterrogate written in C? No, I think Pelle used Delphi.

What i mean is that what the use for UIPC_SDK_C.zip? Is it use to change the program cause i dont quite understand the manual for it.

What "new offset" are you adding? Have I missed one out? I thought I'd already added most -- maybe I've not yet added some of the very recent ones. If you need a full up-to-date copy I can send you one. Or are you simply adding details for third-party applications using FSUIPC offsets, like Project Magenta?

By the way can i have the full up-to-date copy of this. Thank for your prompt reply. Your reply help me to understand more. Thank Pete! :D

Regards

Ray

What i mean is that what the use for UIPC_SDK_C.zip? Is it use to change the program cause i dont quite understand the manual for it.

The ZIP by that name contains the tools and an example for writing programs to interface to FSUIPC, in the C (or C++) language. There are little packages for each language. I did the C one, other folks have kindly added the others.

By the way can i have the full up-to-date copy of this. Thank for your prompt reply. Your reply help me to understand more.

I attach my latest FSI, but to use this you may need to download the updated FSInterrogate2 program from the FSX Downloads announcement above, as it now contains stuff for FSX too and the version you have will probably not recognise FSX.

Regards

Pete

FSUIPC FSI.zip

Hi pete,

Thank for ur help Pete. By the way are u familiar with promagenta glass cockpit?

I'm having some problems with glass cockpit. The problem i faced are the lower eicas didnt showed the vibration and oil quantity parameter. The 2nd problem is the n2 didnt have the red limit line. The 3rd problem is i need some parameter like the Oil Pressure to turn amber color when below 70psi but the whole lower eicas is white. Can i do something to access to the glasscockpit display to change it? Thank in advance!

By the way are u familiar with promagenta glass cockpit?

I use the complete Boeing suite -- 3 x PFC (pilot, Eicas, copilot), MCP, CDU, RCDU, pmSystems, pmSounds. I've been using PM for many years now.

I'm having some problems with glass cockpit. The problem i faced are the lower eicas didnt showed the vibration and oil quantity parameter.

They are shown okay on my (only) Eicas.

The 2nd problem is the n2 didnt have the red limit line. The 3rd problem is i need some parameter like the Oil Pressure to turn amber color when below 70psi but the whole lower eicas is white. Can i do something to access to the glasscockpit display to change it?

Not really. The display is owned by and driven by the PM "PFD.EXE" software, and that operates by reading FS values. . If PM is not working correctly for you you need to write to PM's Support. Unfortunately hey don't operate a support forum now, though you could ask other PM users over on http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/forumdi27981&f=99

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

Last time you told me about the .air file for msfs2004 and i try to open but all are in a weird format. Do you know any problem to open it?? sorry to trouble you again...

regard

ray

The PM glass cockpit program will be reading the Sim's N1 value, not yours. If you want it to display your value (why? Don't you want to know the real value?) you'd have to get Enrico to write you a special version of his program.

I really don't understand what you are trying to do. Are not not happy with the Sim's computation of N1? Surely the correct way to fix it, if so, is to work on the FS aircraft model, either via the Aircraft.CFG file or the .Air file?

Last time you told me about the .air file for msfs2004 and i try to open but all are in a weird format. Do you know any problem to open it?? sorry to trouble you again...

.AIR files are binary files, like program files but containing data tables and the like. Folks who manage to modify them or create them do so by hacking them in binary. Very precarious! There used to be some programs around which helped with small areas, but I don't think any one really cracked the complete file thoroughly.

These days more and more of the parameters contained in the AIR file are adjustable in the Aircraft.CFG file. But please don't ask me about them -- I am in no way an aircraft designer. You need to ask around on another Forum, one more oriented to aircraft design.

Regards

Pete

• 16 years later...
3 hours ago, n116dh said:

Greetings Pete

Its now John, Pete retired several years ago, although will still help out occasionally.

3 hours ago, n116dh said:

Is there a version of FSInterogate that works with MSFS 2020?  

It should work with all versions of FSUIPC, but the offset definitions (FSUIPC.FSI) have not been updated to include any new MSFS offsets, or remove those no longer in use.
If anyone wants to do this and supply a new definitions file, I can add this to the release bundle.

Personally I don't see a need for this tool anymore - the FSUIPC offset logging facilities together with the FSUIPC Offset status document should suffice for most uses.

Cheers,

John