The simFlight Network Forums

VERY VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:evil: I just downloaded the latest rogerwilco and guess what?!! It replace dmy FSUIPC with the new payware version!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I lost hours of programming buttons and axis's in my real 737cockpit!!! I am so pissed right now I could @#$%@^%!!!!!!! I don't have a problem paying but anytime I upgrade or download a new program and it installs a new FSUIPC is plain BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry but I need to vent because now knothing works in my cockpit.

:!: Rob

:evil: I just downloaded the latest rogerwilco and guess what?!! It replace dmy FSUIPC with the new payware version!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I lost hours of programming buttons and axis's in my real 737cockpit!!! I am so pissed right now I could @#$%@^%!!!!!!! I don't have a problem paying but anytime I upgrade or download a new program and it installs a new FSUIPC is plain BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry but I need to vent because now knothing works in my cockpit.

:!: Rob

I would very much doubt you have the new payware version. As far as I know the new FSUIPC will be version 3.0

Have you checked the version number of the module installed by RW? My guess is it's an older version than the one you had, assuming you were running with the latest.

Regarding the new payware version of FSUIPC, I believe this will not be ready for release until (a) Pete returns from holiday and (B) he receives the final copy of FS2004. I also understand that Pete the new version might not be available until late July or even August.

Guess you need to rant at RW !!

Cheers

Dave

I'll go along with Dave

I would be throwing my rant at RW

In the meantime do a search and see IF the FSUIPC.dll or FSUIPC.ini files have new dates that are close to your RW install and that will give you very good clue

As Dave says the payware version has not even been written yet according to everything that I have read and I dont think Pete is a liar

It does point out the value of good backups of important files BEFORE installing new things just in case the person that wrote the installer got it wrong

Guys, the file was new! It was created in june and it was missing the user input varibles just as Pete himself said would occur. The basics were there and that was it. No word from roger wilco yet. It was the only thing that i've changed in quite sometime now so I know it came from them, why I don't know? I'm not mad at pete at all, i was just voicing a loud concern that there is a problem. Think about it for a second, If several of your add-ons need FSUIPC then any time you upgrade or buy one is it going to replace your files without asking?? Thank god it didn't touch the ini file, I just copied the older dll file from old sim computer and now all my functions are back as well as assignments. :) Just a headsup for future reference.

Rob

Hmm let us see:

- You don't tell us what OS your using.

- You don't tell us what version of Flight Sim you are using.

- You don't tell us what version of FSUIPC you were using.

- You don't tell us what version of FSUIPC you think your using now.

- You don't tell us what version of RW you upgraded to, or how you upgraded.

Add to this that:

- Resounding (Roger Wilco publishers) have nothing to do with Pete, they are two very different programs.

- Thousands of other people have upgraded Roger Wilco, and not one other person has report this problem.

- The payware version of FSUIPC is not available yet, so Resounding would not have it.

- Roger Wilco and Flight Sim do not interact in any way.

And the most telling thing of all:

You post a message with a subject that is all in caps and is followed by multiple exclamation marks, lacking in any technical detail and making wild accusations.

My money is on the fact you have done something else to break FSUIPC, and its nothing to do with RW.

I have FS2K2, widefs5.5, fsuipc2.975 (NOW AGAIN) I know RW has knothing to do with fsuipc but I know what I saw when I restarted my sim not once, not twice, but three times in row. Not until i reinstralled fsuipc did it get fixed? I don't know why? All I know is that I fly an average of 40-50 hours a week and i've never had a problem like this? As long as don't happen again, i could give a RATS @#$! Opps, caps again :shock:

Rob

troll alert!

Roger Wilco (though despicable in it's silent installation of spyware on your computer) has nothing at all to do with FS and needs no interaction with it either.

FSUIPC commercial version isn't released, I don't know if Pete even started work on it yet.

This is just another person wanting to make Pete look bad it seems...