The simFlight Network Forums

EPICINFO5 issue

As an EPIC user, the first question I asked my self was ‘’Is all PIGEON_HOLES of my epl code will be the same?

I use new EPICINFO5 and things seems working.

But I have trouble to read ENGINE1_MANIFOLD_PRESSURE = PH103

ENGINE2_MANIFOLD_PRESSURE = PH117

In fact. I see panel gauges working. Also see the PH103(for eng.1) in epicinfo.log but =00000000 all the time.

Why for Ex. You can find for PH103 ENGINE1_MANIFOLD_PRESSURE or ENGINE1_PRESSURE_RATIO.

I didn’t try ENGINE1_PRESSURE_RATIO=1 in epicinfo.CFG

ENGINE1_MANIFOLD_PRESSURE=1 was working with fs9.

Also DME look erratic to, but I am not sure for this one I have to check my code before.

Since only 1/10 of my code is completed I presume I may find others things like that.

By the way is any one knows the controls for the ADF1/VOR1 and ADF2/VOR2 pointers on the Cessna 208 RMI gauge? So I can assign FSUIPC btns.

Regards

I use new EPICINFO5 and things seems working.

Well, since I made it nearly a year ago (!) yours is the first report back from any EPIC user. It is completely untested software, and until now I thought completely unused software too!

I do not use Epic at all, now, so I can only check things using the Logging.

But I have trouble to read ENGINE1_MANIFOLD_PRESSURE = PH103 ENGINE2_MANIFOLD_PRESSURE = PH117

In fact. I see panel gauges working. Also see the PH103(for eng.1) in epicinfo.log but =00000000 all the time.

Why for Ex. You can find for PH103 ENGINE1_MANIFOLD_PRESSURE or ENGINE1_PRESSURE_RATIO.

I didn’t try ENGINE1_PRESSURE_RATIO=1 in epicinfo.CFG

ENGINE1_MANIFOLD_PRESSURE=1 was working with fs9.

Also DME look erratic to, but I am not sure for this one I have to check my code before.

What I could do with is a full Epicinfo Log showing the "bad" figures, with your notes saying what they should have been. Knowing the aircraft being used would help too -- and of course the version of FSUIPC4 (or make sure you are using the latest, which is 4.152).

Since only 1/10 of my code is completed I presume I may find others things like that.

In that case it may be better to do a complete analysis when you are closer to finishing?

By the way is any one knows the controls for the ADF1/VOR1 and ADF2/VOR2 pointers on the Cessna 208 RMI gauge? So I can assign FSUIPC btns.

I don't think there have ever been any controls for the RMI -- it was and still is a mouse-only pair of switches, local to the gauge, as far as I know. Did you ever find any for FS9?

If they are mouse-only I can only suggest using something like Luciano Napolitano's "Key2Mouse" program.

Regards

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

I installed newest FSUIPC.

But still have the problem.

It seems to concern engine data.

For example.

Using EPICINFO5.CFG FSUIPC 4.152

EX. ENGINE1_ELECTRICAL_LOAD

ENGINE1_MANIFOLD_PRESSURE

They appear in EPICINFO.LOG but shows 0 all the time.

So my epic card read those variables as 0.

I always believed that I must use Epicinfo to get data in my epic stuff.

I can use FSUIPC_READ, but I would prefer to use Pigeaon holes I see in Epicinfo.doc.

It seems to concern engine data.

As I surely already said, I need to see the actual logs. Please refer to the EPICINFO documentation for how to enable full logging. Log everything. Then ZIP the file and send it to me (petedowson@btconnect.com) with details about what you think is wrong.

Pete

I never did receive any more information from you to help me narrow this down, but I had some time this morning to browse through my code.

I found one place where my conversion form the FS2004 version was incorrect, and would certainly result in some PH values being set to zero when the original value (which you should have seen in your Log files too!) was most certainly not zero.

I have fixed this in version 4.92, today, 15th August 2007. This updated version will be available for download from the FSX Downloads announcement above later today. Please try it and let me know.

Please note that yours is the first actual feedback on EPICINFO5 since I released it for testing by EPIC users last September. I am a little at a loss to test properly here, not being an EPIC user these days.

If you have any further problems, please do include the Log itself, as this would have certainly helped in the cases you mention.

[LATER] Okay -- 4.92 is available now. See the FSX Downloads announcement.

Regards

Pete

• 1 month later...