The simFlight Network Forums

Haze Flashing

Pete,

On another board someone mentioned that you and another person had been chatting about an FSX issue where haze layers will flash off every 5 seconds or so. It flashes off for about a second and then back on only to repeat again another 5 seconds later.

This person said you'd seen the issue and thought it was related to Simconnect.

I've been plagued with the problem and find it nearly every time I fly (which is almost entirely in VATSIM). I find I end up turn off the weather to deal with it which is certainly not optimal.

Does any of this ring a bell? If so, did you get any further with it? It's driving me insane so I'm reaching out to any possible source to find any hope of a solution.

Thanks.

On another board someone mentioned that you and another person had been chatting about an FSX issue where haze layers will flash off every 5 seconds or so. It flashes off for about a second and then back on only to repeat again another 5 seconds later.

This person said you'd seen the issue and thought it was related to Simconnect.

Not I, but I have seen stuff about clouds flickering, related to weather control rpograms like ASV6.5, ported from FS9. I think that's fixed in ASX. I've not seen haze "flashing".

I've been plagued with the problem and find it nearly every time I fly (which is almost entirely in VATSIM). I find I end up turn off the weather to deal with it which is certainly not optimal.

Is the VATSIM interface program controlling the weather? Is that what you are "turning off"?

I don't fly on-line so I'm afraid I am not much use in this area.

Regards

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, VATSIM weather is what I turn off to make it go away.

Do you know how the VATSIM program is setting its weather? via FSUIPC4 or directly via SimConnect?

I use ActiveSky X for FSX and, as I say, I've never seen any haze or cloud flashing with that. Before that I was using Active Sky 6.5, which uses FSUIPC4, and, again, no haze flashing, but the way it changed the clouds did give a bit of cloud flashing now and then.

Regards

Pete