The simFlight Network Forums

Altitude of aircraft

As you may remeber I am using EPICINFO5 for my Epic.

I Found that Fsx PLANE_ALTITUDE (PH37) shows in Meters instead Feet.

I did use epicinfo.cfg to convert it but without sucess.

This is what I did in my epicinfo.cfg to convert *3.28:

PLANE_ALTITUDE=Scale /100 ,*328

I also tried

PLANE_ALTITUDE=Scale *328 ,/100

Both ways without success. It takes considration only of the / no * So it devides meters by 100.

Soon as possible I will send you my .LOG about other issues with PH value in FSX I was talking about in a previous topic.

As you may remeber I am using EPICINFO5 for my Epic.

Have you tried using the fixed version I uploaded on the 15th August? I've been waiting for your confirmation that it is all okay now -- I found the bug and as far as I can see it should all work fine now.

I used your original thread to notify you here.

I Found that Fsx PLANE_ALTITUDE (PH37) shows in Meters instead Feet.

Oh dear! It sounds like you are not reading my replies to you, nor keeping an eye out for updates.

Soon as possible I will send you my .LOG about other issues with PH value in FSX I was talking about in a previous topic.

Please do not, at least not until you re-visit that topic as I had expected you too and see that you should have been using the fixed, updated version now for the past week.

Regards

Pete

Sorry for the misunderstanding, but I thought Epicinfo5 would rewrite with newest fsuipc4.

There are no changes past or future which would change what EPICINFO5 does. EPICINFO is dependent upon FSUIPC, for sure, but all of the values it reads and writes are pretty standard things supported by FSUIPC for all client programs, and not liable to change.

Regards

Pete