The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC4 Installation

I just purchased and installed FSUIPC4. I can find it in FSX folder and file list. When I open FSX and press ALT, no add ons show up as described in the User Guide, so I can't register and put FSUIPC4 to work.

Show me the two Log files from the FSX Modules folder -- both the Install log, which shows the progress of the installation, and the FSUIPC4 log which will tell us what is wrong.

It does sound like a normal SimConnect blockage, probably by your firewall, but the log s will tell us more.

Regards

Pete

Good Day to you. I didn't expect such a quick response, so thanks in advance. I am ignorant enough that I can't find the log files. I searched with no luck and I went through files via Windows Explorer to no avail. I expect I'm having similar problems with Weather Maker RX (That's how I found you and your application.) since it is installed but not operating with FSX.

Jim Brock

Good Day to you. I didn't expect such a quick response, so thanks in advance. I am ignorant enough that I can't find the log files.

As I said, they will be in the FSX Modules folder. That's a folder inside your FSX folder with the name "Modules".

They are files of filetype LOG, and will be ordinary text files which will open with Notepad or any other editor. Just cut and paste their contents into a message here.

If SimConnect is blocked then many add-ons cannot work.

Pete

I looked there first. There are 8 files in the module folder. 4 are PDF's. 2 are Text Documents. 1 is FSUIPC4.DLL. 1 is FSUIPC4 configurations settings. I could find no log files.

Oh dear.

:cry: :roll: :cry: :roll:

I said file TYPE "Log". I also said they were ordinary text files. You have your Explorer set in its stupidly annoying mode where it hides the file types for types it thinks it "knows"! You are reading descriptions, not filenames! Two of those files, no doubt the two text files, are type LOG!

The "FSUIPC4 configurations settings" file is type INI. You'll need to understand that too, one day.

Just double click on the text files!!

Pete

Will these do the trick:

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.16 by Pete Dowson *********

User Name=""

User Addr=""

FSUIPC4 not user registered

WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired

Running inside FSX on Windows Vista (SimConnect SP1 May07)

Module base=61000000

DebugStatus=0

156 System time = 09:55:29

156 FLT UNC path = "C:\Users\Jim\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"

156 FS UNC path = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

1031 LogOptions=00000001

1046 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

4093 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61355.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61242.0)

4093 Initialising SimConnect data requests now

4093 FSUIPC Menu entry added

4140 C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM.FLT

4140 C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aircreation_582SL\Aircreation_582SL.AIR

84234 C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Extra300\Extra300S.AIR

133156 System time = 09:57:41, FSX time = 09:57:16 (13:57Z)

137156 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

842218 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 709 secs = 19.0 fps

849312 Weather Mode now = Theme

849312 C:\Users\Jim\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\Previous flight.FLT

882515 C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Piper_J3Cub\Piper_J3Cub.AIR

1451437 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 550 secs = 19.9 fps

5261000 Weather Mode now = Global

5263296 Weather Mode now = Custom

General]

History=7HWQ8FKPDS4UIXG62TN8E

TCASid=Flight

TCASrange=40

AxisCalibration=No

DirectAxesToCalibs=No

ShowMultilineWindow=Yes

SuppressSingleline=No

SuppressMultilineFS=No

AxisIntercepts=No

WeatherReadFactor=2

SimConnectStallTime=1

[WideServer]

WideFSenabled=Yes

Regards, Jim Brock

Will these do the trick

Well, neither of these are complete files, and only the first fragment is a LOG file -- the other part you provided was part of the INI file (the one described as "configuration settings"), so I guess you must have double-clicked the wrong entries!

You said in your original message:

When I open FSX and press ALT, no add ons show up as described in the User Guide, so I can't register and put FSUIPC4 to work.

which is actually contradicted by the Log, here:

Far from being blocked, FSUIPC4 is running okay and creating its menu entry. This automatically results in an "Add-ons" menu item, the right-most in the standard menu.

I see later that you did go into the FSX menus in order to load a different flight:

882515 C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Piper_J3Cub\Piper_J3Cub.AIR

and also messed about in the Weather menu, changing modes:

so you certainly know where the menu is. Just look to the right a bit for the Add-ons menu.

Please, if you show me a Log again, make it the complete Log. And the Install log should have a self-evident name (including the word "Install" as a clue!) so I cannot understand how you possibly missed it.

Regards

Pete

Pete,

I found a MS website for add ons by using the search function in FSX. The simcom site is listed along with many others.

I opened the Module files and copied everything on the Notepad and am pasting them here:

FSX Modules folder already exists.

Okay -- installed FSUIPC4 into "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL"

Looking for the current user's Application Data path:

... found as "C:\Users\Jim\AppData\Roaming"

Now finding \Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG for all users, including this one

Looking in "C:\Users\Jim\AppData\Roaming"

Found FSX.CFG in "C:\Users\Jim\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG"! Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.16

Looking in registry for FSX install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

SetupPath="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

Checking version of FSX.EXE:

... Version 10.0.61355.0 (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)

Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:

... Okay, Probe Manifest matches installed SimConnect 60905 (Original)

Found later build SimConnect 61234 (SP1 May07)

Checking if there's already a version of FSUIPC4 installed in:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL

... Version 4.160 found.

Now checking DLL.XML ...

... There is a previous DLL.XML, checking for FSUIPC4 section.

... FSUIPC4 section already exists but will be replaced.

... FSUIPC4 section of DLL.XML written okay

Now checking for a SimConnect.XML file ...

... No SimConnect.XML file found. This is okay.

Looking in "C:\Users\Jim\Application Data\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Jim\Contacts\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Jim\Cookies\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Jim\Desktop\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Jim\Documents\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Jim\Downloads\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Jim\Favorites\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Jim\Links\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Jim\Local Settings\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Jim\Music\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Jim\My Documents\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Jim\NetHood\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Jim\Pictures\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Jim\PrintHood\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Jim\Recent\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Jim\Saved Games\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Jim\Searches\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Jim\SendTo\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Jim\Start Menu\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Jim\Templates\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Jim\Videos\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Now installing additional files into the Modules folder:

Installed "FSUIPC4 User Guide.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 for Advanced Users.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 History.pdf" okay

Installed "List of FSX controls.pdf" okay

All installer tasks completed okay!

*************** End of Install Log ***************

[General]

History=7HWQ8FKPDS4UIXG62TN8E

TCASid=Flight

TCASrange=40

AxisCalibration=No

DirectAxesToCalibs=No

ShowMultilineWindow=Yes

SuppressSingleline=No

SuppressMultilineFS=No

AxisIntercepts=No

WeatherReadFactor=2

SimConnectStallTime=1

[WideServer]

WideFSenabled=Yes

User Name=""

User Addr=""

Module base=61000000

DebugStatus=0

156 System time = 09:55:29

156 FLT UNC path = "C:\Users\Jim\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"

156 FS UNC path = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

1031 LogOptions=00000001

1046 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

4093 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61355.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61242.0)

4093 Initialising SimConnect data requests now

4140 C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM.FLT

4140 C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aircreation_582SL\Aircreation_582SL.AIR

84234 C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Extra300\Extra300S.AIR

133156 System time = 09:57:41, FSX time = 09:57:16 (13:57Z)

137156 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

I found a MS website for add ons by using the search function in FSX. The simcom site is listed along with many others.

Er, yes, is this relevant to anything?

Incidentally, the FSUIPC4.LOG file you are showing still isn't "finished". you should close FSX down before getting the files!

I'm curious as to why you've posted the same things again, plus the Install file. Did you read my last reply?

And are you "James Brock" by any chance. Somehow you sent a message with the same log fragment attached to the Webmaster. Why? He was puzzled and just sent it to me. So now I've seen exactly the same partial file three times. Any reason?

Pete

Pete,

Dealing with us has got to drive you nutty at times. I sent all three again to be sure that I sent what you wanted. I apologize for sending a file to the webmaster. I closed FSX, opened and closed it again to be sure, and copied the log file. Here it is:

User Name=""

User Addr=""

Module base=61000000

DebugStatus=0

187 System time = 15:17:57

187 FLT UNC path = "C:\Users\Jim\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"

187 FS UNC path = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

1062 LogOptions=00000001

1078 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

4609 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61355.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61242.0)

4609 Initialising SimConnect data requests now

4609 FSUIPC Menu entry added

4656 C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM.FLT

4656 C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aircreation_582SL\Aircreation_582SL.AIR

44937 System time = 15:18:42

44937 *** FSUIPC log file being closed

Memory managed: 2 Allocs, 2 Freed

********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********

Regards, Jim Brock

I closed FSX, opened and closed it again to be sure, and copied the log file. Here it is

Okay, but now i need to repeat what I said before which I think you must have missed in trying to send me the same information again. Here, I'll repeat it all:

You said in your original message:

When I open FSX and press ALT, no add ons show up as described in the User Guide, so I can't register and put FSUIPC4 to work.

which is actually contradicted by the Log, here:

FSUIPC Menu entry added

Whenever it has said this it has always been true in the past.

Far from being blocked, FSUIPC4 is running okay and creating its menu entry. This automatically results in an "Add-ons" menu item, the right-most in the standard menu.

In your earlier (partial) log I see that you did go into the FSX menus in order to load a different flight:

and also messed about in the Weather menu, changing modes:

so you certainly know where the menu is. Please just look to the right a bit for the Add-ons menu.

Regards

Pete

Pete--

I opened FSX again. On the opening page, the menu items are: Home, Free Flight, Missions, Multiplayer,etc. No Add ons or Add ins. On the Home Page, there is another menu: News and Events, From the Team, Free Flight, etc. Again, I just can’t find the add-ons selection that you tell me I should be able to find. I do feel like a fool.

Jim

PMFJI but in case Pete has gone to bed for the night - you need to be in a flight - you are at the opening screens - just click FREE FLIGHT and then click the FLY NOW button - you will see the menu bar (or press ALT) - the menu selection for Add-Ons is at the extreme right.

HTH,

Vic

Yep, the Alt key brings up the top line menu bar, that is not normally present. First time I've seen it on FSX--yes, Add Ons is there and so is FUIPC4 and I will register shortly. I have to get my key code, etc and then I'll do so. How do I get the top line menu bar up to stay?

Wow, what a day trying to stumble through this. Thanks for sticking with me.

Regards, Jim Brock

Yep, the Alt key brings up the top line menu bar, that is not normally present. First time I've seen it on FSX

That IS the FS menu. The other stuff you've been looking at is not a "Menu", but a selection dialogue. The menu bar in FS is similar to the Menu bar in most Windows programs. Have you never used Windows before? If not, sorry, I thought you'd understand the term "Menu". :-(

Incidentally, please, next time, do look in the User Guide. This is actually supplied for a reason -- it explains these things. The very first line in the Entering Registration Details section reads thus:

With FSUIPC4 correctly installed, and Flight Simulator running and ready, look at the Menu. (Press ALT to bring it up if it is hidden)

Regards

Pete