The simFlight Network Forums

Flight1 Super 80 and GoFlight modules

I have nine GF modules: MCP-Pro; 2 x GF166A; GF46; 2 x RP48; T8; P8; LGT.

These are running FS9 (and FSX to a lesser extent!) with XP.

I have recently installed the Flight1 Super 80 (to FS9) and find some anomalies!

MCP-Pro, GF166s (Nav and Comms radios), GF46 (ADF, XPDR, Altimeter) and LGT (Gear, Flaps and Trim) all work fine.

The problems relate to switch and button assignments on the T8 and P8.

The T8 is assigned to Battery, Avionics, Fuel Pump and Engine starts/fuel run.

Using the T8 to switch on battery achieves nothing! However, switching on the battery from the aircraft panel button switches on the battery and lights up the T8 switch.

Similarly, various lights assigned to the P8 are not activating from the P8 but illuminate when activated from the panel buttons. Another example is pressing the P8 button assigned to Nav Lights, this switches on the Nav lights momentarily and illuminates the P8 button but on taking finger pressure off the button the GF indicator light goes out as do the Nav lights!!!

I have a fully paid licensed version of FSUIPC but (to my shame!) I can't get my head round it. What I need, I think, is a FSUIPC for Dummies manual! :oops:

Would some kind person be able to advise and point me in the right direction? :cry:

I also noticed the same difficulties with the DC-10 Collection (Just Flight/CLS) and some others (commercial) but have to say that ALL of the freeware aircraft and panels out there work perfectly. Does that mean that these commercial add-ons are utilising a different code from that of MSFS?

Soft landings to all.

I have recently installed the Flight1 Super 80 (to FS9) and find some anomalies!

The T8 is assigned to Battery, Avionics, Fuel Pump and Engine starts/fuel run.

Using the T8 to switch on battery achieves nothing! However, switching on the battery from the aircraft panel button switches on the battery and lights up the T8 switch.

Similarly, various lights assigned to the P8 are not activating from the P8 but illuminate when activated from the panel buttons.

If all these things are specific only to that add-on aircraft, and work fine with all the defaults, the problems will be because that aircraft is not implemented to follow whatever FS controls your Goflight units are programmed to send.

It may even be that for some of their actions there is no control which can be applied, that they can only be operated with the mouse. Maybe there's a keyboard short-cut that can be used instead. You will have to check the documentation that came with the aircraft, or ask their support.

You need to check whether they work as expected when using the normal FS controls assigned in FS to keyboard shortcuts. Check the FS documentation for this, or more likely the FS Help. If not, then there really isn't much chance for GoFlight units.

I have a fully paid licensed version of FSUIPC but (to my shame!) I can't get my head round it. What I need, I think, is a FSUIPC for Dummies manual! :oops:

I explain as best as I can in the manual, but in any case it won't help if you are using add-ons which provide features which are only Mouse controllable. There is a program called "Key2Mouse" by Luciano Napolitano, which converts keypresses to mouse movements and clicks, so sometimes that is suitable, but it is awkward in that it requires the screen to have a static 2D panel on it. You can't use Virtual Cockpits because the buttons and switches then aren't always in the same place on screen.

Does that mean that these commercial add-ons are utilising a different code from that of MSFS?

A lot of the more sophisticated add-on aircraft "do their own thing" for many of the aircraft systems and subsystems, as they try to do a better, more realistic job of it. Since they are really aimed at the majority of users, with keyboard and mouse and no fancy cockpit hardware, they rarely cater for these. However, that said, I did notice that GoFlight have released stuff (drivers?) to allow some of their items to be better used with one of two of the more popular add-on aircraft.

Regards

Pete

Pete,

thanks for your very prompt and comprehensive reply.

I shall make every effort to operate the aircraft via keyboard input only to see if that works with the default MS controls and will let you know.

I did contact CLS about the DC-10 and their Airbus series but the only response was "we do not support GoFlight". Very succinct!

Thanks again.