The simFlight Network Forums

Key not working

I just registered fsuipc3. Went to complete the process by entering the information in the module and was given the notice that the key was not valid. I've double checked everything three times (including going online to check the key) and still no luck. Can you help?

Edit: I checked and the digital signature is ok. This is from the log:

********* FSUIPC, Version 3.75 by Pete Dowson *********

Running on Windows Version 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2

Verifying Certificate for "C:\Games\FlightSim\MODULES\FSUIPC.dll" now ...

SUCCESS! Signature verifies okay!

Running inside FS2004 (FS9.1 CONTROLS.DLL, FS9.1 WEATHER.DLL)

User Name="Richard Elberger"

User Addr="rich12545@gmail.com"

FSUIPC not user registered

WIDEFS not user registered, or expired

Module base=61000000

ClassOptions: UIPCMAIN=FF7F, FS98MAIN=FF7F, FS2KMAIN=FF5E

WeatherOptions(Orig)=0000B027[0000B027]

InitDelay: 0 seconds

WeatherReadInterval=4

LogOptions=00000001

I just registered fsuipc3. Went to complete the process by entering the information in the module and was given the notice that the key was not valid.

You are most certainly not entering it correctly, then. It doesn't matter how much you re-checked if you are making the same mistake each time. Use cut-and-paste to avoid getting 1's and l's, 2's and Z's and 0's and O's mixed up.

Note that all three parts (name, email, key) must be identical to that supplied.

Pete

That was the hint I needed. By zooming to 120% I was barely able to discern the S was actually a 5. Impossible to tell the difference at 100%.

One more question. I have Weather Maker Pro. It lists a number of fsuipc options like wind etc. Is it necessary to run wmpro to get these options or will fsuipc do it by itself?

I have Weather Maker Pro. It lists a number of fsuipc options like wind etc. Is it necessary to run wmpro to get these options or will fsuipc do it by itself?

Sorry, I really don't know what wmpro offers or does. The facilities in FSUIPC are all described in the documentation. I expect it's a mix and match to suit yourself. But note that FSUIPC doesn't actually "make" any weather, it just provides some filtering actions.

Pete

Since you usually get problems (like key not working) on this forum, I thought I'd let you know what's going on after a few days of testing. First, I found it works better by itself without wmpro.

I have a very mediocre rig (Sempron 2600/1.6 gig, nvidia 6200, 1 gig ram) so I've been having difficulties getting fs9 to run well. I've been getting poor frame rates, especially with cloudy/rainy/snowy weather. Blurries have been driving me crazy. Can't see autogen in a city more than a half mile or so. I've spent hours trying to improve it and was just about ready to spend $500 on an upgrade.

After installing fsuipc and setting it up, mainly the visibility, I found the frame rates are now acceptable in all weather conditions. I can see autogen several miles out. Then after starting the fs9.cfg from scratch and testing, the blurries are virtually gone.

So spending $30 on fsuipc saved me $500 in upgrades.

Since you usually get problems (like key not working) on this forum, I thought I'd let you know what's going on after a few days of testing.

So spending $30 on fsuipc saved me $500 in upgrades.

Oh, lovely! I'm so glad you got yourself all sorted. Well done!

Regards

Pete