The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 4.25 and 4.251 not running under Vista 64 Bit

Hi,

I got at startup of FSX a security warning, with no choice to start FSUIPC.

I checked the signature and it is valid. But no go.

Downloaded from the homepage and the update here from forum. Check for virus, but none found. Vista saz that signature is valid, but FSX didn't accept.

Any ideas?

Other Addons without signature run without problems.

post-3731-128689606081_thumb.jpg

post-3731-128689606094_thumb.jpg

Hi,

solved problem by manual editing the FSX.cfg file.

Changed

F:\Games\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.dll.aheuqaiibizrqueuunbrroowcneolzrhbllzwnel=-1

too

F:\Games\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.dll.aheuqaiibizrqueuunbrroowcneolzrhbllzwnel=2

and now it works.

Changed

F:\Games\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.dll.aheuqaiibizrqueuunbrroowcneolzrhbllzwnel=-1

too

F:\Games\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.dll.aheuqaiibizrqueuunbrroowcneolzrhbllzwnel=2

and now it works.

Surely for the first line to get there originally, you must have rejected FSUIPC's loading at some stage?

Do you know what that values on those parameters do? Why -1 and why 2?

I Think the rest of that weird "filename" is some sort of hash-check so that FSX can tell when it changes, so presumably you'll get something again next time. Best to tell Windows you trust software from "Peter L. Dowson", and then you won't be bothered. I think you can do this in Internet Explorer.

My next PC will have Vista 64, but I don't think it is that which is a factor here.

Regards

Pete

Changed

too

and now it works.

Surely for the first line to get there originally, you must have rejected FSUIPC's loading at some stage?

Do you know what that values on those parameters do? Why -1 and why 2?

I Think the rest of that weird "filename" is some sort of hash-check so that FSX can tell when it changes, so presumably you'll get something again next time. Best to tell Windows you trust software from "Peter L. Dowson", and then you won't be bothered. I think you can do this in Internet Explorer.

My next PC will have Vista 64, but I don't think it is that which is a factor here.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

sorry to say but this was first run, first installment of FSUIPC 4 on FSX.

Got the same problem after I downloaded and copied 4.252.

Hi Pete,

still have problems here.

After setting

F:\Games\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.dll.ecueoocuohqzaeqcqznntrebzwaoelqaunznikhe=2

too 2 FSX runs FSUIPC. But changed the line back too

F:\Games\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.dll.ecueoocuohqzaeqcqznntrebzwaoelqaunznikhe=1

Next time I start FSX FSUIPC did not run.

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.253 by Pete Dowson *********

Reading options from "F:\Games\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.ini"

User Name="Markus Brunner"

User Addr="in_04@web.de"

FSUIPC4 Key is provided

FSUIPC4 not user registered

WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired

FSUIPC4.DLL signature does not verify: running in failed mode!

... if the DLL has not been tampered with, then either the Cryptographic

Services in Windows are broken, or you need to run the Globalsign fix supplied.

Running inside FSX on Windows Vista (SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07)

Module base=61000000

Wind smoothing fix is fully installed

DebugStatus=0

109 System time = 14:24:35

109 FLT UNC path = "C:\Users\Games\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"

109 FS UNC path = "F:\Games\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

889 LogOptions=00000001

889 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

3604 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61637.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61259.0)

3604 Initialising SimConnect data requests now

3604 FSUIPC Menu entry added

3650 C:\Users\Games\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\default.FLT

3650 F:\Games\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\DG808S\DG808S.AIR

23743 Weather Mode now = Custom

23743 C:\Users\Games\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\Previous flight.FLT

117063 System time = 14:26:32, FSX time = 13:33:37 (12:33Z)

118046 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

138513 System time = 14:26:53, FSX time = 13:33:40 (12:33Z)

138513 *** FSUIPC log file being closed

Average frame rate for running time of 10 secs = 91.6 fps

Memory managed: 6 Allocs, 6 Freed

********* FSUIPC Log file closed *** *******

The problem is repeatable for me on Windows Vista Ultimate 64 Bit SP1, maybe it is related to SP1.

Next time I start FSX FSUIPC did not run.

Even if it did run it wouldn't work correctly, because of this:

Either your copy of FSUIPC4.DLL is corrupt, or there is a disk or memory problem (hardware), or, as it says, some essential service isn't available, or, just possibly, you have at some stage rejected Peter L. Dowson as a publisher and got me listed in Internet Explorer as untrusted.

Right click on FSUIPC4.DLL and selection Properties-Digital Signatures and see what it says there.

The problem is repeatable for me on Windows Vista Ultimate 64 Bit SP1, maybe it is related to SP1.

Well, maybe. Is SP1 actually released or are you Beta testing?

Regards

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

I use SP1 because I was a tester and I have a MSDN subscribtion.

But last but not least, dont know if you change something with version 4.26 or not.

But now its working.

Thanks for the help, and close the thread if possible.

But last but not least, dont know if you change something with version 4.26 or not.

But now its working.

The list of changes between 4.25 and 4.26 is in the History document, and there is certainly nothing related to any calls to Windows at all. It's all been internal stuff, between FSUIPC and FSX.

Regards

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have a similar problem but the given solution does not work.

The system errors me with the notification:

"Problem! My signature check fails on the installed FSUIPC4.DLL. Please check that I am not listed as an "untrusted publisher" in Internet Explorer (Internet options-Publishers)."

I tried the reset on security as suggested, did not work. I tried to add all different signatures from the software to entrusted publishers in the security section, did not work.

I run Windows Vista Ultimate and have FSX with SP1 and accelleration package installed. I purchased FSUIPC and wideFS today at simmarket.

Ì have the latest version downloaded (4.26) and this is what it stops with (After several installation attempts with adding certificates as entrusted ):

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.26

Looking in registry for FSX install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

SetupPath="C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

Checking version of FSX.EXE:

... Version 10.0.61637.0 (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)

Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:

... Okay, Probe Manifest matches installed SimConnect 60905 (Original)

Found later build SimConnect 61242 (SP1 May07)

Found later build SimConnect 61259 (Acc/SP2 Oct07)

Checking if there's already a version of FSUIPC4 installed in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL

... Version 4.260 found.

FSX Modules folder already exists.

Okay -- installed FSUIPC4 into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL"

Problem! My signature check fails on the installed FSUIPC4.DLL. (Error ref 800B0109)

*************** End of Install Log ***************

Help please!

Best regards, Warrant

Hi Warrant,

Have you tried this:

Changed

too

and now it works.

Tried everything, from manually add the developer trusted developers and publishers, to manually adding the lines given in this forum in FSX.cfg (they did not appear already, not even the -1 version).

Nothing works.

My very nice (and expensive) 64bit Vista Ultimate does not allow normal windows updates neither, perhaps it is the strangling security settingThink the FSUIPC and Vista are generating my first few grey hair here (i know, it is Vista that is the reason of the trouble).

Any more ideas?

Greetz, Warrant

My very nice (and expensive) 64bit Vista Ultimate does not allow normal windows updates neither, perhaps it is the strangling security settingThink the FSUIPC and Vista are generating my first few grey hair here (i know, it is Vista that is the reason of the trouble).

My new PC, which I am hoping to receive soon, will have Vista64 pre-installed, so I will certainly be able to test things then. However, there have been a number of reports from Vista64 users with no such problems at all. Do you think it is something in the Vista Servce update (SP1?)?

Pete

My new PC, which I am hoping to receive soon, will have Vista64 pre-installed, so I will certainly be able to test things then. However, there have been a number of reports from Vista64 users with no such problems at all. Do you think it is something in the Vista Servce update (SP1?)?

Nope, Vista X64 SP1 is not available yet in the language i have (Dutch). Perhaps the problem will be solved once published, but it stated on the Windows download page that most items in SP1 are already published in the indivudual updates, specially the ones regarding security and trusted software. So i don't have really high hopes on that one.

I have done some analyses myself and it came tome the problem Vista has with FSUIPC is the installer itself. I purchased it in combination with wideFS, which does not bother my system at all (can't work with it either since FSUIPC is not working).

I wonder if i can have an unpacked version of FSUIPC 4.26 and simply place it in the Modules folder of FSX manually, see if Vista allows me to (it always states it needs my permission for all other folders i paste in there).

From there i can activate FSUIPC the regular way.

That is the only solution in short term i can think of.

Best regards, Warrant

I have done some analyses myself and it came tome the problem Vista has with FSUIPC is the installer itself.

No, your log, as posted earlier, shows that the installer is working fine up to the point where the signature check on the installed DLL fails:

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.26

Looking in registry for FSX install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

SetupPath="C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

Checking version of FSX.EXE:

... Version 10.0.61637.0 (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)

Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:

... Okay, Probe Manifest matches installed SimConnect 60905 (Original)

Found later build SimConnect 61242 (SP1 May07)

Found later build SimConnect 61259 (Acc/SP2 Oct07)

Checking if there's already a version of FSUIPC4 installed in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL

... Version 4.260 found.

FSX Modules folder already exists.

Okay -- installed FSUIPC4 into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL"

Problem! My signature check fails on the installed FSUIPC4.DLL. (Error ref 800B0109)

*************** End of Install Log ***************

Did you check the signature on the DLL manually, yourself? (Right-click on it, select Properties then the Digital Signatures tab). Why have you come to this "conclusion" that the Installer is to blame?

I wonder if i can have an unpacked version of FSUIPC 4.26 and simply place it in the Modules folder of FSX manually

The only reason there is an Installer for FSX (I don't like installers and never had one before) is that there is no "modules" folder in FSX until I create one, and just creating one and inserting FSUIPC4.DLL into it does not make it run at all. Files have to be created or checked and edited elsewhere too. The installer has the privileges needed to create the folder, and then it copies the DLL in --the install log shows it has already done this, so how would you doing exactly the same thing manually help?

The DLL is the DLL is the DLL. Whether it gets into the folder from the Installer ort by your hand doesn't affect anything at all.

The only possible thing I can see that I could do is move the Signature check to a later part of the Installation process, so that the other files get edited before the failure. But as far as I can see, all this would accomplish is to get FSUIPC rejected by SimConnect whjen you tried to run FSX, because of the signature problem.

From there i can activate FSUIPC the regular way.

Activation isn't the problem here. The signature check applied by the Installer is just an aid to you, to show a problem which will occur with your FSUIPC installation when you run FSX. Or are you saying that you can run FSX and have FSUIPC running properly, that it is only registration which is your problem?

If you can run FSX with FSUIPC4 installed, please show me the FSUIPC4.LOG.

Note there are very good reasons why I moved registration to the Installer. There are much bigger problems activating FSUIPC registrations from within FSX than from within an Installer, because an Installer automatically already has elevated administrator privileges. If things won't work in the Installer, they most certainly have no chance whatsoever of working in FSX.

Incidentally, earlier you said:

I purchased FSUIPC and wideFS today at simmarket.

Surely you tried FSUIPC4 in FSX on your system before purchasing it? I know you cannot "try" WideFS beforehand, but FSUIPC4 can be used (and is used, a lot) without registration.

Regards

Pete

The only possible thing I can see that I could do is move the Signature check to a later part of the Installation process, so that the other files get edited before the failure. But as far as I can see, all this would accomplish is to get FSUIPC rejected by SimConnect whjen you tried to run FSX, because of the signature problem.

Just to prove this one way or the other, please try this revised version of the 4.26 installer:

http://fsuipc.simflight.com/beta/Instalevised.zip

In this I have moved the signature check so that it is performed AFTER the correct files are updated and permissions set, and it should also allow you to Register. However, if the signature fails it will tell you, and I think you will not get FSUIPC4 loading into FSX because of it.

Please show me the FSUIPC4.LOG file you get in the Modules folder if, indeed, it does get loaded. And please tell me the result of your manual signature check (via the file properties).

Incidentally, the Installer itself is also codesigned. Please do a file properties check on that too and let me know.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete

Where can i find this log :?:

If you refer to the already present version shown in the log in my previous post; when the installation aborts it leaves the FSUIPC 4.26 DLL in the modules folder in the FSX main folder along with the installation log file (if this is the log file you refer to, you already have it in my previous post).. Re- installation with or without deletion of the DLL and log makes no difference; nothing is added beyond that and nothing appears in FSX :shock:

I cannot run FSUIPC at all, it won't show up in FSX. I downloaded wideFS and FSUIPC frim this site and purchased the key at SimMarket.

I'm not totally new in this business, (previous FS versions and FSUIPC purchases), but i am new in FSX. Actually received my new PC 2 weeks ago and then started to play a bit in FSX.

Previous PC was a Win XP machine with FS9 on it with good working FSUIPC. From that perspective i purchased the FSUIPC 4 series in good faith as a mandatory item in order to make future purchases and my current hardware work best as possible. Some of the features i normally tweak are only or best accessable with FSUIPC.

About the certificates: I tried to add all the certificates (including the one attached to the FSUIPC 4.26 installer), nothing works.

The unpacked DLL and files was just an idea , which i wanted to give a try :cry:

Further more; i suggest or insinuate nothing. I purchased software which in the past served me well, and i want it to do so in the future with the new FS as well. In order to make it work with my new system i need help, that's all :D

Kind regards, Warrant

Where can i find this log :?:

In the FSX Modules folder. It is produced whenever FSUIPC4 is actually run. If there is none there, then FSUIPC4 has never been run.

If you refer to the already present version shown in the log in my previous post; when the installation aborts it leaves the FSUIPC 4.26 DLL in the modules folder in the FSX main folder along with the installation log file (if this is the log file you refer to, you already have it in my previous post).. Re- installation with or without deletion of the DLL and log makes no difference; nothing is added beyond that and nothing appears in FSX :shock:

Exactly -- this is precisely my point, and why your suggestion, to manually copy the DLL into the Modules folder, makes no sense -- after all it is already there, yet does not get loaded by FSX. Why do you think your manual copying will be better?

About the certificates: I tried to add all the certificates (including the one attached to the FSUIPC 4.26 installer), nothing works.

I'm not sure about all this business of "adding certificates". No such fiddling about should be necessary. Have you actually tried manually checking the signature, as I have suggested before and, I think, explicitly suggested in the documentation? If so, what was the result?

Further more; i suggest or insinuate nothing.

I try to make suggestions to help. I am not insinuating anything. I am wondering what you are trying to say here?

i need help, that's all :D

I am trying my best to help, can you not see that? But something is most certainly wrong with your Vista installation, and I don't know how to fix it. I suspect we'll end up having to get you to call Microsoft tech support.

Please see my previous post which I think must have crossed with your post.

I have to go to bed now. It is nearly 2am and I can't do any more tonight.

Regards

Pete

I just realised where I'd seen this before. You previously posted in the Announcement about Signature problemsI answered there, and asked you to check the signature manually, and you never replied! That was a long time ago!

Here was my reply which you ignored:

I tried the reset on security as suggested, did not work. I tried to add all different signatures from the software to entrusted publishers in the security section, did not work.

I don't think messing with that area will help and is likely to cause more harm than good.

I run Windows Vista Ultimate and have FSX with SP1 and accelleration package installed. I purchased FSUIPC and wideFS today at simmarket.

You surely didn't purchase them before making sure that FSUIPC was working on your system?

Can you solve this mistery?

I don't know. Does the signature check out on the DLL (right-click and check it via Properties)?

Pete

Seems I have to repeat myself a lot?

One other thing you can try. This is actually a remedy for a missing GlobalSign root certificate in early WinXP (pre-SP1) and Win98 installations, but maybe, just maybe, the data has gone missing in your Vista64:

Extract the 'GlobalSign Root' program from the following ZIP and execute it on your PC. It will try to fix the problem by updating the Root certificate in your installation. This is an official fix, supplied by GlobalSign.

http://fsuipc.simflight.com/beta/Fix_Gln_Root.zip

Regards

Pete

Thanks for the revised installer, it seems to have done a bit of the trick here. FSUICP installed (still gave me a bugger about the signature but it installed, wohoo!).

The installer even asked me to register the FSUIPC and WideFS, which i did instantly. Running FSX it finally showed the add-inn's tab, with FSUIP (only). But it still harassed me about the cryptographic thing you just upped a goody about (gonna try that after this posting)..

Thanks so far.

Here is the log entry so far, hope it comes in handy when more like me come around with the same problems:

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.26 by Pete Dowson *********

Reading options from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.ini"

User Name="Rene Spaan"

User Addr="renespaan@gmail.com"

FSUIPC4 Key is provided

FSUIPC4 not user registered

WideFS7 Key is provided

WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired

Running inside FSX on Windows Vista (SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07)

Module base=61000000

Wind smoothing fix is fully installed

DebugStatus=0

0 System time = 03:00:14

0 FLT UNC path = "C:\Users\Spaan\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"

0 FS UNC path = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

718 LogOptions=00000001

718 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

2559 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61637.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61259.0)

2559 Initialising SimConnect data requests now

2559 FSUIPC Menu entry added

2605 C:\Users\Spaan\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\Cool Starter.FLT

2605 C:\Users\Spaan\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\VFR Cold Lake to Hill AFB.PLN

2605 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\L159B\alca.AIR

2605 C:\Users\Spaan\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\VFR Cold Lake to Hill AFB.PLN

46083 System time = 03:01:00, FSX time = 12:25:41 (19:25Z)

46551 Weather Mode now = Custom

48392 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

79264 System time = 03:01:33, FSX time = 12:25:47 (19:25Z)

79264 *** FSUIPC log file being closed

Average frame rate for running time of 7 secs = 19.3 fps

Memory managed: 4 Allocs, 4 Freed

********* FSUIPC Log file closed *** *******

Kind regards, Warrant

Hi Pete,

Extract the 'GlobalSign Root' program from the following ZIP and execute it on your PC. It will try to fix the problem by updating the Root certificate in your installation. This is an official fix, supplied by GlobalSign.

It worked! That was the final fix, now i can access FSUIPC fully.

Thanks for the support :D

Kind regards, Warrant