The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC mapping keys for PMDG

I'm a bit stuck!! I was lucky enough to go visit Ian Sissons in Oswestry the other week and see his fabulous 737NG setup. Since then I purchased FSUIPC version 4.26. Now I have some knowledge and understanding of hardware controlling software but I cant seem to map the appropriate keys for use with PMDG 747. Am I being stupid or is it that the functions in the crop donw menu simply dont activate the functions in the PMDG program? Ian explained that the bulk of his key programs were done using mouse trapping but this is part of a different version of FSUIPC and is relevant to FS9.

So I would love someone to enlighten me on this subject as I have some interface boards setup but cant seem to map the keys to operate any of the PMDG's functions except the really basic keys such as strobe!! In order for me to work on a proper cockpit build, I would need to get all the keys mapped but it seems impossible unless I have the mouse trapping function!!!

Any advice from anyone with some good knowledge or indeed Peter himself and I would be most grateful???

Jaystar

I'm a bit stuck!! I was lucky enough to go visit Ian Sissons in Oswestry the other week and see his fabulous 737NG setup. Since then I purchased FSUIPC version 4.26.

You don't purchase a specific version, you purchase version 4.

4.26 is out of date -- the currently supported version is 4.28.

Now I have some knowledge and understanding of hardware controlling software but I cant seem to map the appropriate keys for use with PMDG 747. Am I being stupid or is it that the functions in the crop donw menu simply dont activate the functions in the PMDG program?

If you mean the FS controls listed by FSUIPC, they are simply the complete list of which the FS assignment list is a subset. Many add-on aircraft, and especially the PMDG ones, implement a load of subsystems independently of FS and which therefore are not controlled by FS controls. How could they be? They've been added by an add-on!

Ian explained that the bulk of his key programs were done using mouse trapping but this is part of a different version of FSUIPC and is relevant to FS9.

No it isn't, it is part of FSUIPC4 as well as FSUIPC3. You are simply not looking at the correct websites nor downloading the supported version of FSUIPC4 which has been current now for over a month. Please also review the Announcements in this forum which tell you things like the current versions and differences.

Regards

Pete

I was instructed by your Website (http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html) to purchase the most current version at Sim Market. Which is what I did and it's version 4.26.!! So not sure how that works?!!

I understand that PMDG is an addon so if I want to resort to key mapping in order to get full control of the PMDG 747's functions, how can I do this if the key mouse trapping function is not available with the version I have purchased?

You must get a lot of questions Peter but I am grateful for your response, its all a learning curve eh!!

Regards

Jay