The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC for FS2004

For those of us that already have FS2004 when will the FSUIPC module be ready? I have a plane (Flight 1 Cessna 421) that requires it.

As it says in the announcement at the top of this forum.

I am on-time still to meet the release date I promised, or a bit early in fact -- expect to see it at the usual places this weekend.

Regards

Pete

Sorry Peter,

I should have read the other posts before I asked the question. I really only need it for my Flight 1 C421 BUT I love what it does with the weather. I like the random wind/rain effects etc. I will check your web site for it this weekend.

I love what it does with the weather. I like the random wind/rain effects etc. I will check your web site for it this weekend.

Sorry, I never actually produced random wind (perhaps you mean turbulence?), and, for the time being, at least, I've not implemented the random rain or storm functions.

I have a strong feeling that most of my weather features will not get used very much when folks get to experience the FS2004 weather engine. It is far better than anything before, and I don't think I can do much to improve it. As in previous releases, I can really only influence "global" weather, and really you wouldn't particularly want to use FS2004 with a single global weather setting, the local differences are far too attractive now.

If feedback indicates that people would still prefer FS2002/FS2000-like weather effects, albeit with better graphics, I'll consider adding some of the facilities back, but I would be very surprised. I actually felt a bit daft putting in the facilities for global weather which I have done.

Regards,

Pete