The simFlight Network Forums

FSUPIC Assignments

As a registered user for several years now, I've always wondered if something is possible with regard to flight controls being assigned in FSUIPC.

I make all control assignments through FSUIPC but since I check the box where it says "aircraft specific" this means that those assignments apply only to that specifc aircraft and the current paint scheme. Now for the same aircraft I have a number of different paints or liveries but need to go through the entire assigment process for each livery or paint.

I use the PMDG 737 and have assigned all the MCP functions to the keyboard and they apply to all PMDG 737's and to the different liveries without having to go through assigning functions to each individual livery or plane.

Is there a method of taking the assignments already done and have them apply to another livery or paint for the same aircraft thus saving time in going through the assigment process?

I realize that there are not that many assignments to make usually so if is not possible no big deal.

Just curious.

Jim D.

ilovetofly

I make all control assignments through FSUIPC but since I check the box where it says "aircraft specific" this means that those assignments apply only to that specifc aircraft and the current paint scheme. Now for the same aircraft I have a number of different paints or liveries but need to go through the entire assigment process for each livery or paint.

Not good. There are facilities for making that much shorter and simpler, and "Idiot's Guide" level instructions on how to do this were posted here by one kind user a while back. Those now form one of the Appendices to the User Guide for FSUIPC. Have you looked at the documentation recently?

Is there a method of taking the assignments already done and have them apply to another livery or paint for the same aircraft thus saving time in going through the assigment process?

Yes, of course, and there always has been. Please scan the Contents list in the current User Guide -- you'll spot some documentation on exactly this subject.

Regards

Pete

Pete

I may have got this wrong, but here goes.

It might be worth pointing out that my "idiot's guide" is only available in the latest FSUIPC for Advanced Users ie the guide (dated 16/07/2008) for FS9/FS2004.

The latest version of the same manual for FSX ie, "FSUIPC4 for Advanced Users" is dated 14/02/2008 and that version does not contain the appendix. (there is no advanced user version included with the latest 4.30 dl at http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html)

The Advance Manual was included with ver 4.28 and that is the one dated 14/02/2008.

As the guide applies to both FSX and FS9 it may cause some confusion on how to find it.

Hope this helps

PeterH

It might be worth pointing out that my "idiot's guide" is only available in the latest FSUIPC for Advanced Users ie the guide (dated 16/07/2008) for FS9/FS2004.

Ah, yes, you are correct -- it is an Appendix to the Advanced User's guide. I put it there because everything to do with editing the INI file is there.

The latest version of the same manual for FSX ie, "FSUIPC4 for Advanced Users" is dated 14/02/2008 and that version does not contain the appendix. (there is no advanced user version included with the latest 4.30 dl at http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html)

Sorry, but that is not true. The Installer ALWAYS installs both manuals and the list of FSX controls -- check your FSX Modules folder. The confirmation of what the Installer installs is provided in the Installer's Log, also in your FSX Modules folder, thus:

Now installing additional files into the Modules folder:

Installed "FSUIPC4 User Guide.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 for Advanced Users.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 History.pdf" okay

Installed "List of FSX controls.pdf" okay

Installed "GlobalSign Root.exe" okay

There's actually no way, in fact, that you can install version 4.30 without the Advanced User's guide also being installed. And the latest copy of "FSUIPC4 for Advanced Users.pdf" is subtitled "for version 4.30, July 2008. I don't know where you are looking, bt if it is in the Modules folders, where everything is installed, it can only mean you never actually ran the 4.30 installer.

As the guide applies to both FSX and FS9 it may cause some confusion on how to find it.

Hope this helps

Yes, thanks.

Best Regards

Pete

Pete

Thanks for that you were right.

I always unzip (with WINZIP) any zip files before I install them and I could not see the advanced user guide in the unzipped files and I forgot to look in the FSX|Modules folder, I hadn't realised that your installer installed the advanced users manual.

Here is a picture of the FSUIPC4.zip ver 4.3 opened with WINZIP:

fusuipc4ver43unzipped.jpg

My apologies

Thanks

PeterH